It’s a misconception that Bluetooth speakers are only for beach-goers and urban cyclists, but it’s not true as there are a lot of speakers other than in these two markets. For instance,
If you wanted something for your dorm, or your new house, or if your car is having problems with its old stereo system, there’s a wireless speaker also to help you out. Let’s have a look at the multiple use cases, and important features of a Bluetooth speaker.
Well, you can say a Bluetooth speaker is just wireless audio, and the best part about these Bluetooth speakers is they can connect to Wi-Fi systems or by wire too, but the main attraction of this kind of speaker is its portability.
What kind of Bluetooth speaker you are looking for?
Wireless speakers are a little bit more complex but they don’t look, you have to be sure about how you will be using the speaker and that will be your first step in deciding what to buy. You pick any speaker but always pay attention to battery life.
Usually, the rule is the larger the speaker, the longer the battery life. But it’s not like that, some more advanced Bluetooth firmware versions can remarkably influence power efficiency, and a large Bluetooth 4.0 speaker may not be as lasting as you’d anticipate compared to a medium-sized Bluetooth 5.1 speaker.
For your convenience, there are different kinds of speakers that are at hand in the market.
Types of Bluetooth Speakers
Waterproof Bluetooth Speakers:
If you think technically there is no electronic that can be entirely waterproof, with the passage of time and much usage any speaker will fail, but some Bluetooth speakers are designed in a way that they are more durable as compared to others.
Durability is normally gauged by an official Ingress Protection (IP) rating. IP ratings are crucial as they indicate to you that the product in question has gone through enough sternness to assure official dust or water-resistance rating.
If you look at the standard water-resistant rating it is IPX4, and anything IPX7 or above can resist varying degrees of drenching. If a speaker got an IP44 rating, it’s good for both dust- and water-resistant. Water-resistant speakers are extremely good for outdoor use, but not always.
Portable Bluetooth Speakers:
Well, almost all Bluetooth speakers are portable but some of them are more portable than others. There is one favorite portable Bluetooth speaker that is well-liked by many.
As this speaker has its integrated carabiner, usually most city bikers clip these around their bags whenever they commute. Nowadays manufacturers are churning out many portable speakers that are also water-resistant because they know that you will be using them in unpredictable weather conditions.
Portable Bluetooth speakers are normally a little bit bigger too like the UE BOOM line of cylindrical speakers that are the same as the JBL Flip series.
This provides a reasonable middle ground of loud output and maintained bass notes, and it’s a handy package when you are traveling.
College dorms and shared apartments are the places where this size of Bluetooth speaker normally rocks well. It can help you out in the car also if your stereo system is stumbling out. Portable Bluetooth speakers are an excellent blend of compact size and operational sound quality.
Smart Bluetooth Speakers with Wi-Fi:
Naturally, this kind of Bluetooth speaker is tagged as a smart speaker with Bluetooth potential. A smart Bluetooth speaker is consigned to the home, with the option of unblocked listening.
Smart speakers are in a different league from their simpler Bluetooth counterparts and can connect to your Wi-Fi network for high-tenacity audio playback. A Wi-Fi-connected smart speaker provides finer audio quality compared to a standalone Bluetooth speaker as it assists in lossless playback.
Smart Bluetooth speakers also tend to provide hands-free access to a given smart assistant, be it Siri, Alexa, or Google Assistant. This is very helpful when you’re into cooking or need to make an inquiry or check the weather before going out.
Smart speakers are a little bit expensive as compared to others as it has all the added hardware and software. If you are having a smart home, you can think about a smart speaker it will be a good buy and worth the expense.
Party Bluetooth Speakers:
All those who love to party know the importance of a speaker and the party hosts need a Bluetooth speaker that can power the party. Mostly it happens that you buy the kinds of the same speakers and merge them for stereo or just amplified output.
There are some speakers like the JBL PartyBox 310, specially designed for partying only. However, these are the best Bluetooth speakers that are available on the market.
Ultimate Ears Hyperboom Portable & Home Wireless Bluetooth Speaker, Loud Speaker, Big Bass, Water-resistant IPX4, 150 Ft Range – Black
- Big loud pristine sound + extreme bass ultimate ears Hyperboom is a portable Bluetooth speaker with supermassive beautifully rich sound with big booming bass
- Easy music sharing: Play music from four different devices and easily switch between them with just a press of a button connect via two Bluetooth inputs one auxiliary and one optical input
All day 24 hour battery life Hyperboom sports an up to 24-hour rechargeable battery that keeps the party pumping wherever you take it or plug it in to rage for the rest of time
- Adaptive equalizer: This party speaker does all the heavy lifting to rock a pitch-perfect sound anywhere Its brainy adaptive EQ literally reads the environment—and automatically customizes the sound to whatever space it’s in
- Spill and splash proof: What’s more? Hyperboom is built to handle the sloshiest of soirées got a spill or splash — the IPX4 rating has got your back; Simply wipe it off and you’re good to go
- Party up connect Hyperboom with any Boom Megaboom or even another Hyperboom to kick-start a party of truly ultimate proportions Adding just two to four can reach noise-violation levels of fun
- USB charge out Hyperboom is the party powerhouse that even gives your phone a boost flip open the weather door plug into the USB charge-out and keep banging while your phone’s powering up
- One touch music control Hyperboom lets you play pause and skip tracks directly on the speaker; You can also set up one-touch to your playlist via the app
|Model Name||Ultimate Ears HYPERBOOM|
|Special Feature||Adaptive Equalizer, Stereo-Pairing, Spill & Splash Proof|
Sonos Move – Battery-powered Smart Speaker, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth with Alexa built-in – Black
- The durable, battery-powered smart speaker for outdoor and indoor listening
- Easy to use – Setup takes minutes, and control is simple with the Sonos app, Bluetooth, AirPlay 2, and your voice
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth – Stream over Wi-Fi and connect Move to the rest of your Sonos system at home. Switch to Bluetooth when you’re away and offline
- Voice control – Amazon Alexa is built right in so in Wi-Fi you can play music, check the news, set alarms, get your questions answered, and more, completely hands-free
- A battery that lasts – Enjoy up to 11 hours of continuous playtime and deep, powerful sound. Easily recharge Move on the included base or a compatible USB-C charger
- Weather-resistant – With an IP56 rating, Move stands up to humidity, rain, snow, dust, salt spray, UV rays, and extreme heat and cold
- Ultra-durable – Don’t worry about accidental drops or bumps. Move’s components are protected by a hard-wearing, shock-resistant case
- Brilliant sound – Enjoy surprisingly rich bass, a wide soundstage, and automatic Trueplay tuning, which continually adapts the sound for where you are and what you’re listening to
|Connectivity Technology||Bluetooth, Wi-Fi|
|Speaker Type||Portable, Bluetooth & Wireless|
|Model Name||Sonos Move (Black)|
|Mounting Type||Table Top|
JBL FLIP 5 Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker IPX7 Waterproof On-The-Go Bundle with Boomph Hardshell Protective Case – Black
- LOUD & CLEAR MUSIC ANYWHERE: This wireless Bluetooth speaker has a new racetrack-shaped driver that delivers crystal clear and loud music as well as strong bass. The portable speaker is wireless so you can listen to music during your outdoor and travel adventures.
- ULTRA PROTECTIVE SHOCKPROOF CASE: This hardshell travel case by BOOMPH has been specially designed for the Flip 5 edition of the JBL Bluetooth speaker. The shockproof and water-resistant shell and the elastic band will keep your portable speaker safe at all times.
- CARRY THE SPEAKER AROUND WITH EASE: The shockproof carrying case of this JBL portable speaker has a mesh pocket where you can store the USB charging cable. The BOOM PH speaker case allows you to carry the Flip 5 or Flip 4 wireless Bluetooth portable speaker in your backpack or luggage with complete safety.
- WATER-RESISTANT BLUETOOTH SPEAKER: The Flip 5 Bluetooth wireless speaker has an innovative IPX7 waterproof design that allows you to fearlessly emerge the entire speaker into the water up to three-feet deep. Are you already excited to try it out?
- LISTEN TO MUSIC FOR HOURS AND HOURS: Thanks to its powerful built-in rechargeable battery, this wireless outdoor speaker can deliver up to 12 hours of playtime. In this way, you can listen to your favorite playlist for hours without having to worry that the speaker will run out of battery.
|Connectivity Technology||Bluetooth, USB|
|Speaker Type||Portable Bluetooth Speakers|
|Model Name||FLIP 5|
Anker Soundcore Flare 2 Bluetooth Speaker, with IPX7 Waterproof Protection and 360° Sound for Backyard and Beach Party, 20W Wireless Speaker with PartyCast, EQ Adjustment, and 12-Hour Playtime, Black
360° Immersive Sound: A portable Bluetooth speaker with Powerful 360°, bass-driven audio. Dual drivers and passive radiators combine with BassUp technology to generate a portable party with 20W of intense sound.
- All-New Light Show: A totally reimagined rainbow light show that pulses, phases, and shines to the beat of your music. Double light-rings simultaneously shine down onto the dancefloor and up into the atmosphere for pumping floor-to-ceiling illumination.
- Pool Party Proof: No matter where the music needs to be, Flare 2 portable Bluetooth speaker is suited up and ready. Super-safe IPX7 waterproof protection effortlessly withstands spills, rain, and even complete submersion in water.
- PartyCast Technology: Link 100+ Flare 2 portable Bluetooth speakers to party into the next dimension—sound and light synchronize across every speaker for a seamlessly electrifying experience.
- Customize The Atmosphere: Enhance your audio with complete EQ control then tailor the light show to your mood with 6 mesmerizing lighting modes.
|Connectivity Technology||Bluetooth, USB|
|Mounting Type||Table Top|
JBL Charge 4 – Waterproof Portable Bluetooth Speaker – Black
- WIRELESS BLUETOOTH STREAMING: Wirelessly connect up to 2 smartphones or tablets to the speaker and take turns enjoying the powerful sound.
- UP TO 20 HOURS OF PLAYTIME: Built-in rechargeable Li-ion 7500mAH battery supports up to 20 hours of playtime and charges your device via a USB port
- IPX7 WATERPROOF: Take Charge 4 to the beach or the pool without worrying about spills or even submersion in water
- JBLCONNECT+ Amplify your listening experience to epic levels and rock the party perfectly by wirelessly connecting more than 100 JBL Connect+ enabled speakers.
- DURABLE FABRIC AND RUGGED MATERIAL: The durable fabric material and rugged rubber housing allows your speaker to outlast all of your adventures
- JBL BASS RADIATOR: Dual passive radiators deliver powerful, ear-catching JBL sound that resonates loud and clear.
|Connectivity Technology||Wireless, Bluetooth, USB|
|Speaker Type||Smart Speaker|
|Model Name||JBL Charge 4 Black|
|Special Feature||Waterproof, Smartphone-Charging, Stereo-Pairing|
Things To Consider Before you Buy Some of The Best Bluetooth Speaker
Whenever you’re planning to buy a new Bluetooth speaker, there are some parameters that you should understand so that you can make the smartest purchase for your needs.
What is a frequency response: The frequency response specifications usually appear on the boxes of almost every audio product from headphones, speakers, and even microphones. The frequency responses usually range from 20Hz-20kHz, as that range is also the lower and upper limit of human hearing sensitivity.
A speaker can recreate these frequencies but it is not accurate, like headphones, speakers are tuned adversely. Some speakers amplify bass notes goes faraway, while others lack the bass altogether.
If you think about the ideal audio world, all frequency responses would seem like flat lines with zero variations within the frequency range. But we all know, we don’t live in an ideal world, and physical restrictions curb speaker output. A technically imperfect speaker isn’t naturally bad, though. The contrast is true for most listeners as many of us firmly favor amplified bass and treble notes.
What is stereo sound: Some music tracks are mixed in stereo, which means you can feel different instruments of a song e.g., vocals, strings, and percussion come through either the left or right channel.
The tendency to discern an auditory distinction between the left and right sides makes up stereo sound. It’s much easier to do with a pair of headphones or earbuds as compared to a single Bluetooth speaker.
You require multiple drivers for this to be able to work, which is hard to get in economical Bluetooth speakers. And one more thing the drivers should be far enough and placed at enough distance so that your brain can figure out a difference in space. And if a Bluetooth speaker has multiple drivers, the original size of the speaker is mostly a bit minute to generate original stereo sound.
A Bluetooth codec normally governs how Bluetooth media gets dispatched from your smartphone to the speaker. Top-quality Bluetooth codecs assist significant streaming rates, which provides finer audio quality.
But not all Bluetooth speakers assist a similar menu of codecs, but almost all Bluetooth speakers will support SBC. The SBC Bluetooth codec is the least common denominator of Bluetooth audio, but it evolved remarkably since its formation. It doesn’t need much power, and it’s handy for virtually all Bluetooth source machines to encode.
More features to consider before buying a Bluetooth speaker
Explorers should look for long battery life: Whenever you are outing on weekends you need a speaker with extra battery life. New age speakers usually provide at least eight hours of nonstop service on a single charge, but sometimes that doesn’t feel enough if you are on campsite evenings.
Bluetooth speaker battery life differs drastically depending on what kind of speaker you have. Usually, the rule is the larger the speaker, the longer the battery life. But this is not the case; you have to look for some aspects that can exhaust the power swiftly.
Many people think that the modest JBL Clip 3 lasts longer compared to a much larger JBL Pulse 3. As Pulse 3 is a light show, its battery has to take out sufficient power to generate air pressure that’s capable of shifting the passive radiators. And when you look at the Clip 3 it just worries about backing a single 40mm driver. The workload is completely distinct between these two speakers.
Looking for more ways to connect your speaker than Bluetooth?: Almost all the Bluetooth speakers can connect to a source gadget through Bluetooth, but that isn’t the only audio connecting option at hand for you.
Some Bluetooth speakers comprise a dear headphone jack, so you can fetter the speaker to your phone by wire. Others, mainly smart speakers, connect through Wi-Fi. Every connection type has its advantages and disadvantages, with Bluetooth being the best for travel.
If you want to take calls from your speaker check whether it has a microphone? A speaker isn’t a great way to receive conference calls, but if it’s just for you, it’s always good to have the option. As most of the advanced Bluetooth speakers comprise microphone systems though. Like many of JBL’s speakers.
As we have put some light on the types and features of the best Bluetooth speakers we hope that it will help you to pick the best one. There are different types as we have discussed. We have done our part and now it’s up to you to pick the best one.
Try to do some research and take some time before you buy your best Bluetooth speakers. As the market is flooded with a variety of products sometimes it’s confusing for you to pick the best. So read this buying guide and make a smart choice.
6 thoughts on “Best Bluetooth Speakers 2023”