If you want to have extra space to manage your work or want to upgrade your gaming, an ultra-wide monitor will definitely help you. It can give you more horizontal space that provides a mesmeric experience whether you watch videos or play games on it.
There are a lot of ultra-wide monitors at hand in the market with different functions and pricing. Many people get confused as there are too many options available.
But before you look at the options lets discuss their important specs, and the improved features they have.
The aspect ratio is the finest attribute of every ultra-wide monitor, irrespective of its size or resolution. Every ultra-wide comprises a 21:9 aspect ratio, and some of them are wider than that.
Some gamers think that a 55-inch HDTV can be a better option than the ultra-wide monitor, but it’s not the case because a larger display cannot offer a more mesmeric experience.
The in-game outlook stands at a 16:9 aspect ratio. The pictures you see will emerge bigger, and that’s it. And the same outlook you can see on a 24-inch, 32-inch, and 55-inch 16:9 display.
But when you look at an ultra-wide, its 21:9 aspect ratio provides you a wider view. It will allow you to explore more to the left and right, and these things you cannot do on a 16:9 monitor or television.
This helps a lot in games where you need more information.
Usually, all the 34-inch ultra-wide monitors come with a resolution of 3,440 x 1,440. And when you look at a regular 27-inch office monitor it has a resolution of 2,560 x 1,440. So, you have the edge of 880 pixels horizontally, and if you add, it will be 1.3 million extra pixels overall.
Imagine how much extra space you will get, it’s a lot. And it will benefit you in managing things like documents; messaging apps, websites, and some more data without shrinking the size of the app you’re concentrating on. If you are one of those who use multiple windows side-by-side then this is tailor-made for you.
FOV can be a game changer in many survival games. There are some situations in games where you are only allowed to look straight in front of you.
Then the rivals hiding on the edges of the room can attack you with much ease on a 4:3 ratio, but it can see a bit at the bottom of the sides of the corridor, then these enemies of yours will bite the dust. And you will be in a commanding position.
If you are looking for the best monitor for your system, then keep in mind some of the things that are vital. Like a higher refresh rate, wider screen, higher resolution, and some. And obviously, the budget plays an important part.
Some people don’t mind spending big for a specific gadget, but some people can’t afford expensive devices and still want to have the best. So we have a list for them, these are quite economical and with solid features also.
LG 34UM69G-B Ultra Wide IPS Gaming Monitor
• 4K ultra wide monitors with incredible viewing experience and stunning picture quality.
• Experience the power of the wider view with the amazing color consistency of sRGB over 99%, DCI-P3 over 95% and 99% AdobeRGB.
AOC CQ32G1 Curved Frameless Gaming Monitor
• Impressive Display – Superb resolution and color accuracy with a 1800R curved screen.
• Stunning Viewing Angle – On-screen colors remain consistent at wide viewing angles.
• Quick Response – Fast-moving action or dramatic transitions will be rendered smoothly without blurring or ghosting.
• Vibrant Images – Deep blacks and enhanced contrast ratio delivers vibrant and bold images.
• Immersive Gaming – AMD FreeSync technology and 144Hz refresh rate for the smoothest competitive gameplay.
• Customizable – Full adjustability for a comfortable and ergonomic position.
• Convenient Connectivity – HDMI, DVI, and DisplayPort inputs for connecting various devices, and audio line-out for convenient connection to your PC speakers.
• Product Details – Dynamic Contrast Ratio: 80, 000, 000: 1; Response Time: 1 ms (MPRT); Viewing Angle (H/V): 178/178; Pixel Pitch: 0. 276 mm x 0. 276 mm; Brightness: 300 cd/m²; Color Support: 16. 7 M
ASUS Designo MX299Q UWQHD Gaming Monitor
• 29″ Ultra-wide 21:9 Quad HD (2560 x 1080) resolution for pristine cinematic experience and enhanced productivity.
• ASUS Eye Care technology with Flicker free for less Eye fatigue
• 3W x 2 stereos, RMS with 5Wx2 Amplifier, SonicMaster sound optimization technology was co-developed by Bang & Olufsen ICEpower for premium immersive audio
• AH-IPS display with 178° wide-view angle for high-quality visual clarity and minimal color distortion.
• ASUS Rapid Replacement: 3 Years Warranty, 2-way free shipping
• DisplayPort, HDMI/MHL, Dual-link DVI ports for multi-device connectivity
LG 34WK650-W Ultrawide IPS Gaming Monitor
• Enjoy the immersive viewing experience with the 34-inch 21:9 ultrawide widescreen display.
• The ultra-wide 21:9 aspect ratio offers about 1.8 times larger screen compared to a Full HD monitor. Rows of vertical pixels in gaming, videos, and images are much better than that of a 16:9 aspect ratio
• The IPS display allows you to view the screen from almost any angle without losing its clarity.
• Able to support a 5ms response time for high-speed gaming.
• The image quality is sharp and vivid on the 34-inch 21:9 ultrawide with the full HD display.
• The built-in stereo speakers can produce a maximum sound volume of up to 100dB
• The 5ms response time can support a fast gaming
• The tilt (Angle) is 5 to 15 degree
• The refresh rate is 100Hz
• The response time is 5ms
• The full HD 21:9 display provides rich and accurate color reproduction.
• The black stabilizer function helps you to see better
LG 25UM58-P UltraWide IPS Gaming Monitor
• 21:9 Ultra wide screen gives you the ultimate immersive gaming experience
• Widescreen gives you the feeling of a large size
• FreeSync technology provides a seamless, artifact-free performance at a smooth gaming experience
• Game mode provides you with a real gaming experience
• FreeSync technology provides a seamless, artifact-free performance at a smooth gaming experience
• Ultra-wide 21:9 aspect ratio
• 144Hz refresh rate
• 5ms response time
• Built-in dual stereo speakers
• Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution panel
• Black stabilizer
VIOTEK Ultrawide Curved Gaming Monitor
• The U2579VF gaming monitor is designed for serious gamers who want a great gaming experience with no compromises, and a display that brings out the best in their games.
• The monitor’s 25-inch display with a curved screen (1800R) and a 2560 x 1080 resolution provide a cinematic gaming experience.
• The monitor’s ultra-fast 1ms response time displays action sequences with the highest degree of clarity.
• The monitor’s AMD FreeSync technology synchronizes the display’s refresh rate with the GPU to eliminate tearing, stuttering, and input lag.
• The monitor’s GamePlus hotkey provides in-game enhancements like a crosshair overlay, an onscreen timer, an FPS counter, and a display alignment function.
• The monitor’s V-shaped stand with a sleek metallic red finish provides a solid base for the monitor to ensure stability and comfort during extended use.
• The monitor’s two HDMI, one DisplayPort, and one DVI ports provide multiple connectivity options for the PC
Sceptre C305W-2560UN Gaming Monitor
• Ultra-smooth graphics at 144Hz refresh rate.
• Detachable base for screen and stand upgrading.
• Screen splitting software.
• Superb colors at every angle.
• Fastest 1ms response time
• Gaming mode and 1ms response time
• Green technology: e-saver – energy-saving mode
• Easy to set up: on-screen display (OSD) and OSD hotkey.
• Picture mode: reading, game, movie, sRGB, standard.
• Image size: 16: 9, 4: 3, and 1: 1.
Sceptre C305B-200UN Gaming Monitor
• CURVED PANEL DESIGN: The curved panel is designed to create an immersive environment that draws you into your games and multimedia.
• Brilliant Images: With a 2560×1080 Full HD resolution, the curved screen delivers brilliant, crystal clear images.
• Vibrant Colors: The wide color gamut enables you to see vivid, accurate colors that make your viewing experience more pleasing.
• Gaming Engine: Optimized settings for FPS and RTS games that enable you to play your favorite games in a smooth, responsive manner.
• Eye Saver Mode: Reducing blue light emissions that stimulate the retina, Eye Saver mode provides improved comfort for viewing.
• Game Mode: By setting Game Mode to On, a fast response time is enabled and input lag is reduced.
• Gaming Hotkey: By utilizing the gaming hotkey, you can easily switch between saved modes with the touch of a button.
LG 29WK600-W Gaming Monitor
- 29-inch ultra-wide 21:9 full HD IPS monitor
- HDR10 compatible
- AMD free sync technology
- sRGB 99% Color Gamut
- On-Screen control with the screen split
- Mounting type: VESA size (millimeter) 100 x 100 (VESA compatible)
LG 34UM69G-B UltraWide IPS Gaming Monitor
- 34″ Widescreen Full HD IPS Display. Resolution-2560×1080
- 21:9 Aspect Ratio and Refresh Rate:75Hz
- 1ms Motion Blur Reduction
- AMD Free Sync
- Height Adjustable Stand
- HDMI : Yes (ver1.4), Display Port: Yes(1.2), USB-C: Yes (DP Alt. Mode)
Things To Consider Before Buying A Best Ultra Wide Monitor (Buyer’s Guide)
There are a lot of things that you have to think about before getting the best budget ultra-wide monitor. Let’s have a look at some of the points to ponder before picking an ultra-wide monitor.
This one is obviously the most crucial one. That’s why we are trying to get the best ultrawide monitor at a nominal price.
Usually, all the gadgets comprising advanced technology and higher refresh rates and HDR technologies are a bit costly. But, as we have discussed earlier, if you are clear about your priorities then you can easily have the best monitor.
Reason For Buying:
Most people think that this is not that much important, but when you’re buying something on a budget, you must know what you want from a monitor and the features that are a must for your needs.
For instance, if you’re searching for a monitor for gaming, then you should go for the monitor comprising Free Sync or G-Sync aptness.
You can always go for the free sync option as we are talking about budget monitors. And for a better gaming experience, you also want better refresh rates and other features that can enhance your gameplay.
Pick the monitor which comprises all these features and the features like USB-C ports or HDR10 are not that important for you it’s better to have the monitor with features related to your usage only.
Some people use the monitor for office work or some sort of graphic usage. These particular uses have their needs; so distinct monitors will serve to such requirements.
This is all about defining how wide the screen is, if you look at the square screens they have an aspect ratio of 1:1. And, a 16:9 screen means a widescreen monitor with a lot of width to it. 16:9 monitors have taken the place of conventional monitors i.e., 4:3 monitors, which are still well-liked in some places.
As the technology is evolving at a rapid pace, you can see more innovations are taking place and the market is full of new models like 21:9 ultra-wide monitors.
Don’t go for the bigger: Whenever people buy an ultra-wide monitor, they usually think that bigger monitors will have more screen space to offer. And can be helpful in multitasking.
But this is not true; the larger monitors normally are more costly and comprise fewer pixel densities and this may lead to blurred screens.
Besides this, larger screens comprise a bit higher delay times or screen shredding which results in mediocre gameplay.
That’s why; you have to be clear about the reason for buying the monitor, and then pick the best which suits your requirements.
As we all know that refresh rate is the rate at which the monitor refreshes the images every second. Now almost all of the monitors comprise a refresh rate of 60Hz, and this is quite decent for routine use or office use with less quick-shifting objects.
But, when you’re purchasing an ultra-wide monitor for gaming only, you should get a monitor that comprises higher refresh rates to upgrade your gaming affair. And if your screen has a high refresh rate then definitely it will magnify your gaming experience.
Resolution – 4K:
4K is the new byword in the world of sterling monitors as it offers some fine visuals. You can say this resolution is necessary if you’re getting bigger size monitors because they need extra pixel density.
But, if your pocket didn’t allow you and you want free sync, you have to compromise on the 4k capability. And if you are into graphic designing or photography, 4K is a must to have in a monitor.
Are there 4k Ultra-Wide monitors?
4k monitors are all the buzz in recent years. The future is coming at us, and it’s coming fast. 4k monitors; also referred to as 4k UHD, and UHD monitors, are becoming more readily available at a decent price.
There are two types of 4k monitors; 24” and 27”. These new monitors are absolutely stunning and can make all your other ordinary monitors look out of date. The monitor market has yet to settle at a standard for 4k, so a lot of the monitors available to buy are priced at a premium.
Are Ultra-Wide monitors any good?
Yes, very good indeed. The first thing anyone who uses wide monitors will tell you is how much more real they make your world. There’s simply more of your world onscreen than before. You see more of what you are working with, more of your webpages, more of your code, more of your graphic images, and more of anything you are working with.
The new age Ultra-Wide monitors are the new technology for people looking to get more out of their computers. If you’re keen on a new monitor but don’t understand the language on offer, we’ll give you the lowdown.
Yes, they are, but only the first generation of ultra-wide monitors was somewhat better than a normal monitor. Second-generation monitors such as Dell U2415 and U2312HM were the first ones to incorporate PWM dimming backlight. The advantage of using a PWM backlight is-
1. Using PWM instead of CCFL saves energy and reduces eye strain,
2. the display can be thinner because you need to build fewer components for the backlight.
3. For the same reason, the cost of the monitor can be lower.
4. The brightness can be controlled on the fly without turning the monitor off or on.
The main disadvantage of the PWM backlight is that you may notice some flickering. However, this is not a problem for most of us. I would highly recommend getting a PWM monitor if you are planning to get one. My personal experience with the Dell U2415 has been flawless.
What is the highest resolution ultrawide monitor?
Dell U2913WM 29″ UltraSharp Professional IPS Monitor has the highest resolution of 2560×1080. With this resolution, each monitor can display more than 1.7 million pixels thus, you can view and edit more information on the screen.
With this monitor, you can have more space to display information that you need and more space to work on. A large screen helps you to perform a variety of tasks including viewing more information, watching videos, editing images, or playing games.
Dell Ultrasharp U3415W is the highest resolution ultrawide monitor available right now. It has 3440×1440 resolution. This means the resolution is more than 4K. So it’s a good monitor for the price.
The highest resolution ultrawide monitor is the Dell U3818DW. It has a resolution of 3840×1600 pixels. It is the largest display with a resolution higher than 2560×1080 pixels. The monitor is huge at 38.2 inches and it costs $2000.
Can you game on an ultrawide monitor?
Yes, you can play games on an ultrawide monitor. In fact, you can play any kind of game on the ultrawide monitor. Ultrawide monitors are huge, which is why they are used mostly for productivity, but they are fully compatible and usable for gaming as well. You can use the ultrawide monitor for gaming for the following reasons:
Ultrawide monitors are the latest trend in the monitor market. Newer games support ultrawide monitors, but older games do not. So if you want to game on an ultrawide monitor, you need newer games.
Fortunately, most games released within the past two years support ultrawide monitors. If you do not have any newer games, you can still play games with your ultrawide monitor but you need to change the aspect ratio of your monitor to 16:9.
What is the point of a curved monitor?
Curved monitors provide a better viewing experience because they can fit in with your line of sight more accurately. When you use a curved monitor, your eyes don’t have to travel as far to look at the different parts of the screen. This makes it easier to keep your eyes focused on a single point for long periods of time.
Which is the best ultra wide monitor for gaming?
There are a few different things to consider when choosing the best ultra wide monitor for gaming.
First, you’ll want to think about the resolution and refresh rate that you need. Most gamers will want at least a 1440p resolution and a 144Hz refresh rate.
Second, you’ll want to consider the size of the monitor. Some ultra wide monitors can be quite large, so you’ll need to make sure that it will fit on your desk.
ASUS Designo MX299Q UWQHD Gaming Monitor is the Best Ultra Wide monitor for gaming.
We have tried to cover some of the benefits of ultra-wide monitors, and then we have provided you with a list of the best ultra-wide monitors. We tried our best to include the top in the list.
And all of those have some solid features also. But this list isn’t all that you have; if you can then do some research also. That will definitely help you.
But do remember to consider the things that we have mentioned above before you get the ultra-wide monitor. Try to get the one that suits your requirements and that too in your budget. Take your time going through our list maybe you get the one that you wanted.