Best Gaming Consoles For Families
You are here because you are interested in getting a video game console and you are curious to know which is the Best Gaming Consoles For Families. We will provide you the answer for this question.
But if you already did some research then you must be aware of the fact that there are only a few manufacturers in this market, so it’s not easy to pick one.
The problem is they all look similar and the model names are also not that much clear. So you can’t even differentiate between brands also. There are some confusions like is there any difference between the Xbox One S and the Xbox One X?
And can consoles allow you to play all games or certain games need certain consoles only. And most importantly how we know which console is best and how to pick the best gaming console.
We can’t tell that a particular brand is best, but we have assembled some of the best gaming consoles for you. Now it’s up to you get the one that meets your needs.
One more thing here is the choices that you get are all quite solid and no brand has a clear cut edge over others. So again it totally depends on your personal choice and your preferences.
If you look at the options that are at hand, all of the consoles on the market are ideal for various roles very well. Now let’s look at some of the best gaming consoles that we have gathered for you. Have a look at them and select whichever console suits your preferences.
ASUS ROG Phone 2
- 6.6″ FHD+ AMOLED Display (2340×1080) 120Hz, 1ms response time with HDR
Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus – Octa-core 2.96GHz for a great gaming phone experience
- 12GB LPDDR4X RAM; 512GB Storage
- Dual-camera with flagship Sony IMX586 sensor: 48MP + 13MP Wide-angle Cameras with 24MP front camera
PlayStation 4 Slim
- Includes a new slim 1TB PlayStation 4 system, a matching DualShock 4 Wireless Controller.
- Play online with your friends, save games online and more with PlayStation Plus membership (sold separately).
- All the greatest, games, TV, music and more. Connect with your friends to broadcast and celebrate your epic moments at the press of the Share button to Twitch, YouTube, Facebook and Twitter.
Nintendo Switch Lite
- 【5.5″ LCD Touch Capacitive Screen】5.5-inch touch LCD screen featuring 1280 x 720 resolution displays bright, high-definition gameplay wherever you are.
- 【Built-in controllers】Controllers are built right into the system for handheld play, and the left side sports a +Control Pad.
- 【Compact and Lightweight】With its light, sleek design, this system is optimized for personal, handheld play, and ready to hit the road whenever you are.
【So many games to play】The Nintendo Switch family is home to exclusive games from franchises like Super Smash Bros., The Legend of Zelda, Mario Kart, and many more. You’ll also find great games from other developers—with more added every week!
Apple iPad Pro 11
Apple M1 chip for next-level performance – Go further with all-day battery life
- Stunning 11-inch Liquid Retina display with ProMotion, True Tone, and P3 wide color
- TrueDepth camera system featuring Ultra Wide front camera with Center Stage
- 12MP Wide camera, 10MP Ultra Wide camera, and LiDAR Scanner for immersive AR
Xbox One S
- Access your favorite entertainment through apps like YouTube, Netflix, and more
- Enjoy over 100 games right out of the box with a 1 month Xbox Game Pass trial
Watch 4K Blu-ray movies and stream 4K video on Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Microsoft Movies & TV, and more
Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
- PlayStation 4 Pro: see every detail explode into life with 4K gaming and entertainment, experience faster, smoother frame rates and powerful gaming performance, and enjoy richer, more vibrant colours with HDR technology
- 4K gaming and entertainment – games and movies shine with 4K clarity
- Graphics become sharper and more realistic, skin tones become warmer and more lifelike, while textures and environments burst into life like never before
- High Dynamic Range – with an HDR enabled TV, compatible PS4 games display a vibrant range of colours, closer to the full spectrum that the human eye can see
Microsoft Xbox One X
- Microsoft Xbox One X 1TB Console with Wireless Controller: Xbox One X Enhanced, HDR, Native 4K, Ultra HD
Games play better on Xbox One X With 40% more power than any other console, experience immersive true 4K gaming. Watch 4K Blu-ray movies; stream 4K video on Netflix, Amazon, and YouTube, among others; and listen to music with Spotify.
- Connect and play with friends and family on Xbox Live, the fastest, most reliable gaming network Find friends, rivals and teammates in the best global gaming community. Xbox Live is the most advanced multiplayer network and provides steady gameplay and fast downloads. Compete, connect, and share across platforms with gamers on Xbox One and Windows 10. Get two-four free games each month with Xbox Live Gold.
- Nintendo Switch allows you to get the family together and enjoy gaming on the big screen
- You can also enjoy the console gaming experience on-the-go, without the need for a TV
- Play anytime, anywhere, in handheld mode
- Share the fun with Joy-Con: Detach the Joy-Con from the Nintendo Switch system and give one to a friend or family member for local multiplayer
Super Nintendo Entertainment System Classic
Things to Consider Before you Buy a Best Gaming Consoles For Families (Gaming Console Buyer’s Guide):
To get the best video game console you should first know what actually a video game console is?
When the notion of a gaming console began, the machines made it possible to enjoy gaming on your television, and at that time the televisions had no essential gaming aptness.
People use to connect the gaming console to the television and enjoy gaming with controllers that a console comprises. Some gaming consoles have built in games, and if they don’t then there are always game cartridges that you can buy.
And after that there were some DVDs and various storage media that gives you the freedom of expanding your list of games. The only thing that you have to make sure is that, whether the game is compatible with the console or not. And if it’s not then certainly there will be a problem for you.
And when you look at today’s gaming consoles they have evolved far beyond this. They allow you to stream video and you can also invite your friends online to follow your game in real play.
If you want you can also share your games with people after recording. Gaming consoles are smart enough to follow your voice commands; if you want to surf the web they have built-in browsers for that, and you can also use streaming services like YouTube and Netflix.
And some of them have the next generation of gaming: Google Stadia, these ones don’t require gaming consoles, or strong and costly PCs, to play. You just have to log into the platform and take advantage of its strong computing expertise to process the advance and most resource-intensive games.
One more crucial question you have to ask yourself before you get a gaming console is: Who is it for?
All the consoles listed above have the capacity to provide you with eccentric experience. They all comprise the same amount of power that makes them appropriate to particular types of players.
It’s very important to know that how the player will be using the console. As some users are interested only in gaming that’s why the buy it, but some of them do use them as a multimedia platform to watch movies.
Almost all the latest gadgets are shifting away from specialty to generality. For instance, in recent years all the smartphone has evolved so much that now they are capable of doing the tasks that your laptop or desktop PC was capable of. Not only has this it applied for your smart watch, your smart television, and obviously your gaming console also.
Now we are in a position where we can say that there will be a time very soon where not only the storage capacity, but all of the computing power will migrate to the cloud.
And we will be carrying just a single gadget with which we will do everything, shifting from platform to platform to perform a particular task. So it’s quite clear now that gaming consoles are much more than just gaming.
Some people do like the conventional gaming with its conventional controls while others prefer motion-control or even VR. Don’t forget this thing when you select a gaming console.
One more thing you better take care of is, there are chances of you spending more than the original price of the gaming console. Normally the consoles are not that much expensive when they come out of the box.
If you are interested in playing games, then you have to buy them. And if you want to play online and want some added features on the console, you can do that by paying a normal subscription fee.
If you really want to have a mesmeric gaming affair; then better to have good controllers.
As both comprise some well-crafted gamepads. The Xbox One controller is an advanced version of the Xbox 360 controller. The prime modifications being the trigger buttons each comprising their own feedback and the pad comprises more curves when you look at it as whole.
One of the best attributes of the Xbox One controller is that it is easily compatible with PCs and comprises superb Bluetooth connectivity. The reason for this is quite clear; Microsoft owns both Windows and the Xbox. T.
One more excellent service offered by the Xbox Design Lab where you can make your own Xbox One controller according to your wish. You can select your own personal patterns and colors and get a unique Xbox Controller. Sony doesn’t have that service.
You can’t compare much between different game consoles. For beginners, they all have variety of designs and operating systems. And there is not any standard that is consistent among all gaming consoles.
That’s why it’s tough to compare their hardware elements. The only thing that can be compared is graphics of each gaming system. When it comes to graphics capacity and gaming performance, the Xbox One and PS4 are almost the same.
And when we look at individual games, some will have an edge over the other, but that’s not a big difference and people may hardly notice it. So as we have discussed above also they all are quite the same.
The biggest publishers of game usually design a cross-platform game so the games can be played on different consoles. But there are some games, which are exclusive to a specific console. If you are eyeing on a specific game, then it’s better to check whether it’s cross-platform or exclusive.
And if the game is exclusive then you have to decide whether to go for the console or not. Sony games are usually at hand on the PS4, where as Microsoft games are only available on the Xbox One.
There is a little bit of more here, and that Xbox exclusively can be played on your Windows PC, because of the availability for most Microsoft releases.
And now it’s time to wrap things up, no matter for whom you’re getting a console whether it’s for you or for someone else; you may or you may not be interested in gaming or you just want to do something else with this consoles like streaming and watching movies.
All the consoles that we have included in the list are quite solid and they can certainly entertain you for a longer period of time. If you go through the list of a Best Gaming Consoles For Families, that we have stated above you will definitely get something that works for you and you will enjoy.