When the laptop was first introduced to the market nobody thought that it will completely change our lives. People prefer it as it’s strong and lightweight also.
It’s quite handy if you want to carry it with you and powerful enough to handle all the tasks we need to do. Technology has advanced tremendously in the last few years and people are using it in every field.
So most artists are also using laptops for their drawing projects and some of them also go for tablets for their work.
Tablets are also good and they are not much heavy but as compared to laptops they are not strong enough. You can easily get laptops that cost less than an exclusive tablet and perform better also.
There are many options when it comes to picking a laptops for drawing, you can get a low-cost to high-end laptops in the market.
All these laptops are particularly built for their respective works. But as there is no particular laptop category made for drawing you have to be very knowledgeable when you buy The Best laptops for drawing artwork. You should look for a stylus pen, touchscreen, and other basic supports on the laptop for your drawing.
Almost all the latest laptops are particularly built and sourced to use a specific set of hardware components.
And when we talk about drawing tools, most people usually think about a drawing tablet or a conventional pen and paper. But in this age, a laptop is one of the best tools around for artists and graphic designers.
But if you’re interested in getting a decent drawing laptop, we have gathered some of the best laptops for drawing artists.
We have tried to include the best to make your decision easy. All the mentioned products have been picked especially for you. And all of them comprise all the features you need for a drawing laptop with or without a pen.
So no need for you to get confused by looking at the options that are available in the market. All of the below-mentioned laptops are specifically selected for drawing projects. Let’s look at the list now that we have made for you.
- 1 HP 2022 Newest Envy 17t High-Performance Laptop, 17.3″ Full HD Touchscreen, 11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 Processor, 64GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Wi-Fi 6, Backlit Keyboard, Fingerprint Reader, Windows 11 Pro
- 2 ASUS ZenBook Duo 14 UX482 14” FHD NanoEdge Touch Display, Intel Evo Platform, Core i7-1165G7, 8GB RAM, 512GB PCIe SSD, Innovative ScreenPad Plus, Windows 10 Home, Celestial Blue, UX482EA-DS71T
- 3 HP Spectre x360 Luxury 14T,13.5″ 3:2 WUXGA+ Touch, Intel i7-1165G7, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Bang&Olufsen Quad Speakers, Fingerprint, HP Tilt Pen, Nightfall Black, Win 11 Pro, 64GB TechWarehouse Flash Drive
- 4 HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14″ Touchscreen 2 in 1 Laptop, 11th Generation Intel Core i5-1135G7 (Beat i7-1065G7) Processor, 16GB RAM, 512GB PCle SSD, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, Windows 11 Home
- 5 Microsoft Surface Pro 8-13″ Touchscreen – Intel Evo Platform Core i7-16GB Memory – 256GB SSD – Device Only – Platinum (Latest Model)
- 6 Lenovo Flex 5 Laptop, 14.0″ FHD Touch Display, AMD Ryzen 5 5500U, 16GB RAM, 256GB Storage, AMD Radeon Graphics, Windows 11 Home
- 7 Dell XPS 13 9310 Touchscreen 13.4 inch 3.5K OLED – Intel Core i7-1185G7, 16GB LPDDR4x RAM, 512GB SSD, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, Windows 10 – Silver
- 8 Lenovo Flex 5 14″ 2-in-1 Laptop | FHD Touchscreen | 6-Core AMD Ryzen 5 4500U | 16GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB PCIE SSD, | Digital Pen Included | Backlit Keyboard | Bundled with Woov Sleeve | Windows 10, Grey
- 9 2022 Newest HP Premium Envy Laptop, 13.3″ FHD IPS Display, 11th Gen Intel Core i5-1135G7 Quad-Core Processor, 8GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, Wi-Fi, Backlit Fingerprint, Webcam, Windows 10 Home, 32GB ES USB Card
- 10 Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 13.5” Touch-Screen – Intel Core i7 – 16GB – 512GB Solid State Drive (Latest Model) – Ice Blue
- 11 Buying Guide – Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Laptop for Drawing Art
- 12 How to pick the Best Laptop for Drawing Art?
- 13 Is having a 2-in-1 laptop for drawing art projects necessary?
- 14 Do you pick touchscreen laptops for drawing art over conventional displays?
- 15 Which processor is good for drawing laptops?
- 16 Related
HP 2022 Newest Envy 17t High-Performance Laptop, 17.3″ Full HD Touchscreen, 11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 Processor, 64GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Wi-Fi 6, Backlit Keyboard, Fingerprint Reader, Windows 11 Pro
- 【Memory & Storage】The PC memory has been upgraded to 64GB DDR4 SDRAM for enhanced high bandwidth to easily switch back and forth between open applications; the Hard drive has been upgraded to 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD for fast boot-up and speedy data transfer
- 【Processor】11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 Processor (2.8 GHz to 4.7 GHz, 12 MB Smart Cache, 4 Cores, 8 Threads)
- 【Operating System】Windows 11 Pro – Organize open apps with pre-configured layouts to optimize productivity, Navigate with a more intuitive experience to get things done, Collaborate with teams with more features
- 【Tech Specs】3 x USB 3.1 Gen1, 1 x HDMI, 1 x USB 3.2 Type-C Gen1, SD Card Reader, Headphone/Microphone Combo Jack, Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX 201 (2×2), Bluetooth 11
- 【Screen】17.3″ diagonal FHD, IPS, WLED-backlit, multitouch-enabled, edge-to-edge glass (1920 x 1080) Touchscreen with Intel Iris Xe Graphics
ASUS ZenBook Duo 14 UX482 14” FHD NanoEdge Touch Display, Intel Evo Platform, Core i7-1165G7, 8GB RAM, 512GB PCIe SSD, Innovative ScreenPad Plus, Windows 10 Home, Celestial Blue, UX482EA-DS71T
- Tilting ScreenPad Plus: 12.6-inch matte touchscreen, giving your endless way to optimize your multitasking experience by extending the screen or splitting windows and apps on both displays
- 14-inch Full HD NanoEdge touchscreen glossy main display
- Intel Evo Platform – the perfect combination of performance, responsiveness, and battery life. Amazing performance with the 11th Gen Intel Core i7 processor. Vivid colors with Intel Iris Xe graphics. Fast-charging, long-lasting battery.
- Intel Evo Platform with Latest 11th generation Intel Core i7-1165G7 Quad Core Processor (Up to 4.7 GHz, with IPU, 12M Cache)
- Fast storage and memory featuring 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD with 8GB LPDDR4X RAM
- Comes with Windows 10 and a FREE upgrade to Windows 11 (when available1)
HP Spectre x360 Luxury 14T,13.5″ 3:2 WUXGA+ Touch, Intel i7-1165G7, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Bang&Olufsen Quad Speakers, Fingerprint, HP Tilt Pen, Nightfall Black, Win 11 Pro, 64GB TechWarehouse Flash Drive
- WITH EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE, BATTERY EFFICIENCY & A NEW AND STUNNING DESIGN, THE HP SPECTRE 14T OUTCLASSES THEM ALL: 11TH GENERATION QUAD CORE CPU: Intel Core i7- Intel Core i7-1165G7 (up to 4.7 GHz, 12 MB L3 cache, 4 cores) + Intel Iris Xe Graphics. WINDOWS 11 PRO-64-BIT PRE-INSTALLED BY HP. Intel’s XE Graphics is the best Intel GPU yet & coupled w/ 16GB Memory & a blazing 1 TB NVME SSD, you really can’t pass this up. It delivers prime performance w/ better power management than ever before.
- ASTOUNDING VIDEO AND IMAGE QUALITY WITH A 13.5″ WUXGA TOUCHSCREEN AND A 3:2 ASPECT RATIO FOR OPTIMUM PRODUCTIVITY: The HP Spectre 14T x360 delivers stunning visuals & unparalleled quality due to its 1920×1280 display which even trumps FHD performance. Its 3:2 Aspect ratio allows users to do more due to its 90.33% screen-to-body ratio. The HP Zenvo Tilt pen with a magnetic attachment is HPs best pen yet and delivers “pinpoint accuracy” w/ smoother color transitions and enhanced response times.
- PREMIUM AESTHETICS & SECURITY: Make a statement whenever you work with your HP Spectre 14T luxury touchscreen laptop. Adaptive color automatically adjusts hues, light, and ultra-vivid colors for the best viewing experience for your environment. Smart Sense adjusts to your work habits for optimal performance and includes in-bag detection so it even knows when to take a break. Breaking edge security and privacy features include the unhackable physical camera shutter and a fingerprint reader.
HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14″ Touchscreen 2 in 1 Laptop, 11th Generation Intel Core i5-1135G7 (Beat i7-1065G7) Processor, 16GB RAM, 512GB PCle SSD, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, Windows 11 Home
- 【11th Generation Intel Core i5-1135G7 processor】Brings the perfect combination of features to make you unstoppable. Get things done fast with high performance, instant responsiveness, and best-in-class connectivity
- 【Upgraded Powerful Storage】16 GB DDR4 SDRAM Memory, 512 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD. Get up to 15x faster performance than a traditional hard drive.
- 【Display】14″ diagonal, FHD (1920 x 1080), multitouch-enabled, IPS, edge-to-edge glass, micro-edge, 250 nits, 45% NTSC
- 【Intel Iris Xe graphics】Impressive performance for creating, gaming, and entertainment. A new level of graphics performance and crisp, stunning visuals – with the convenience of a thin & light laptop.
- 【Get a fresh perspective with Windows 11】From a rejuvenated Start menu, to new ways to connect to your favorite people, news, games, and content—Windows 11 is the place to think, express, and create in a natural way
Microsoft Surface Pro 8-13″ Touchscreen – Intel Evo Platform Core i7-16GB Memory – 256GB SSD – Device Only – Platinum (Latest Model)
- The power of a laptop with the flexibility of a tablet, and every angle in between, with a 13” touchscreen, iconic built-in Kickstand, and detachable Keyboard.*
- Windows 11 brings your closer to what you love. Family, friends, obsessions, music, creations — Windows 11 is the one place for it all. With a fresh new feel and tools that make it easier to be efficient, it has what you need for whatever’s next.
- The first Surface Pro was built on the Intel Evo platform. Do it all with the Intel Evo platform — performance, graphics, and battery life in a thin and light PC.
- The best pen experience on Pro with rechargeable Surface Slim Pen 2* and Surface Pro 8, for the natural feeling of pen on paper,(4) securely stored in Surface Pro Signature Keyboard.*
- Type in comfort. Sleek and compact, Surface Signature Keyboard* performs like a traditional laptop keyboard complete with a full function row and backlit keys.
- Comes with Windows 11
Lenovo Flex 5 Laptop, 14.0″ FHD Touch Display, AMD Ryzen 5 5500U, 16GB RAM, 256GB Storage, AMD Radeon Graphics, Windows 11 Home
- Powered by an AMD Ryzen 5 5500U mobile processor with Radeon graphics, this portable notebook computer has 16GB DDR4 RAM and 256GB NVMe SSD Storage
- Reduce the clutter – The Flex 5 14 touchscreen laptop has a narrow bezel on 4 sides for more viewing area and less clutter on the IPS FHD (1920 x 1080) display
- Designed to keep your ideas flowing, anywhere, anytime with the ability to multi-mode, this Windows laptop has a 360⁰ hinge so you can use it in laptop mode for everyday computing, tent mode for sharing, stand mode for binge-watching your favorite streaming shows, or tablet mode for easy interaction
- A physical shutter on the webcam improves your privacy, allowing you to keep out unwanted attention
- Stay connected with integrated 2×2 WiFi 6 (802.11AX), Bluetooth 5, 2 USB-A ports, 1 USB-C with PD to support power charging, HDMI, a 4-in-1 card reader, and an audio jack
Dell XPS 13 9310 Touchscreen 13.4 inch 3.5K OLED – Intel Core i7-1185G7, 16GB LPDDR4x RAM, 512GB SSD, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, Windows 10 – Silver
- Dell XPS 13 9310 13.4″ Laptop – Brand New with International Pro Support 1YR Warranty
- 13.4-inch OLED 4K (3456×2160) InfinityEdge Touch Anti-Reflective 400-Nit Display | Free Upgrade to Windows 11 when available
- 11th Generation Intel Core i7-1185G7 Processor (12MB Cache, up to 4.8 GHz) | 512GB M.2 PCIe SSD | 16GB LPDDR4X RAM
- Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX500-DBS (2×2) + Bluetooth 5.0 | Intel Iris Xe Graphics
- 1. Thunderbolt 4 [(DisplayPort / Power Delivery) (4 lanes of PCI Express Gen 3)] | 2. 3.5 mm Headphone/Microphone Combo Jack | 3. Thunderbolt 4 [(DisplayPort / power delivery) (4 lanes of PCI Express Gen 3)] | 4. MicroSD card reader
Lenovo Flex 5 14″ 2-in-1 Laptop | FHD Touchscreen | 6-Core AMD Ryzen 5 4500U | 16GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB PCIE SSD, | Digital Pen Included | Backlit Keyboard | Bundled with Woov Sleeve | Windows 10, Grey
- Powered by the AMD Ryzen 5 4500U mobile processor with Radeon graphics, you have the performance to do more, from anywhere. With more cores, you’ll experience responsiveness that leaps into action for productivity, gaming, and content creation
- The 10-point, 14-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS touchscreen allows the Lenovo Flex 5 14″ 2-in-1 laptop to be comfortable, fun, and easy to use. It’s also great to look at, with 4-side narrow bezels
- The 360° hinge lets you use your 2-in-1 touchscreen laptop in whatever mode works best for you! Use it in ‘Laptop’ mode for everyday computing, ‘Tent’ mode for sharing things, ‘Stand’ mode for binge-watching or ‘Tablet’ mode for more intuitive interaction
- Thin, light, and stylish – This 2-in-1 laptop weighs just 3.64 lbs and is only 0.82″ thick. Plus, it’s soft and comfortable to the touch, with a durable paint that creates a better user experience
- Enjoy up to 10 hours* of battery life, plus a quick charge to 80% in just 1 hour
2022 Newest HP Premium Envy Laptop, 13.3″ FHD IPS Display, 11th Gen Intel Core i5-1135G7 Quad-Core Processor, 8GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, Wi-Fi, Backlit Fingerprint, Webcam, Windows 10 Home, 32GB ES USB Card
- 【Display】 : Integrated Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 13.3 inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS 400 nits, 100% sRGB Display
- 【Processor】: 11th Gen Intel 4-Core i5-1135G7 (> i7-1065G7), Up to 4.2 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 8MB Smart Cache, 8 Threads
- 【Upgraded Memory&Hard Drive】: 8GB DDR4 SDRAM Memory to run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once smoothly, 1TB Solid State Drive which allows for fast bootup and data transfer
- 【Ports】: 1 x USB-C 40Gbps signaling rate, 2 x USB-A 5Gbps signaling rate, 1 x Headphone/Microphone Combo, 1 x SD Media Card Reader, Accessory Including a 32GB ES USB Card
- 【Premium Design】: Thin (12.05 x 8.35 x 0.58 inches) and light (2.88 lbs) to carry for students and businessmen, Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Backlit Keyboard Fingerprint Reader, 802.11AX (2 x 2) + Bluetooth 5.0, Audio by Bang & Olufsen with Dual Speakers, 720p HD Webcam with Camera Shutter and Integrated Dual Array Digital Microphones, Up to 13 Hours Battery Life,
Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 13.5” Touch-Screen – Intel Core i7 – 16GB – 512GB Solid State Drive (Latest Model) – Ice Blue
- Power to do what you want with up to 70% more speed than before and an 11th Gen Intel Core processor.
- Thin, light, elegant design in a choice of two sizes: light, portable 13.5” or larger 15” that’s perfect for split-screen multitasking.
- Show your best side on video calls with sharp video and image quality, even in low light, thanks to a front-facing 720p HD camera.
- Enjoy theater-like sound for movies and shows with Omnisonic Speakers backed by immersive Dolby Atmos6.
- Be heard loud and clear on calls with dual far-field Studio Mics that capture your voice and reduce background noise.
- Free Upgrade to Windows 11 when available (see below).
Buying Guide – Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Laptop for Drawing Art
How to pick the Best Laptop for Drawing Art?
Below are some important factors that you should look for before getting the best laptop for drawing art:
Display For Drawing Laptop:
For artists, the display is the top most things to look for. As you will be using it all day you have to pick the laptop based on that. And when we talk about display, normally there are two kinds of displays- conventional flat displays and displays comprising touch support.
Both are good for doing almost all things. But most people usually prefer touch screens as it gives a better experience. Not only this, but you can also use a stylus for your drawings. So go for the laptops that come with a touchscreen.
Processor & GPU For Drawing Laptop:
If you want to have a flawless working experience then try to get a laptop that comprises at least an i5 or i7 Intel processor. You can get laptops with various configurations, but the processor is the soul of it. And if you want you can also look for Ryzen 5 and Ryzen 7 as they are also worthy options from AMD.
They are much faster when you work on Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. Not just the processor, but the graphics card also is vital. It can manage all the graphics-related tasks with much ease. If it’s not up to the mark then there will be delays while rendering the projects.
RAM and Storage For Drawing Laptop:
There is no standard set for RAM, but having at least 8GB DDR4 RAM will be good, and if you have 16GB RAM then that will be exceptional for better future-proofing.
Almost all the new programs today are more resource-hungry than ever. So don’t even think about getting only 4GB RAM, you will face delays every hour whenever you do something. And keep an eye on storage as it can influence the experience.
It’s better to have at least 512GB of space on your computer. It’s not just about the size; always go for the SSD over the mechanical hard drive. Then you will have an overall swift experience.
Touch Screen Capability For Drawing Laptop :
This is also quite crucial for the artist you should have a laptop with a touch screen as it will help you to work to your full potential.
This feature, allows you to draw directly on the screen with a stylus. And it’s easy for you to create some striking digital drawings fluently. Or else, you can attach your laptop with a drawing tablet.
Long Battery Life For Drawing Laptop :
Try to get a laptop that provides at least 10+ hours on a single charge. As it will help you when you travel, you will not be worried about charging your laptop. And you can work from anywhere.
Is having a 2-in-1 laptop for drawing art projects necessary?
Now many laptops can easily convert into a tablet it is a normal thing. But earlier we didn’t have this option. A 2-in-1 laptop is capable of turning into a big tablet comprising a touchscreen.
And it allows you to draw and paint using a stylus. Otherwise, you will be doing it by using the trackpad or a mouse. So it is good to have a 2-in-1 laptop for drawing art, particularly if you are an artist.
Do you pick touchscreen laptops for drawing art over conventional displays?
As far as color accuracy is concerned they both are equally good. But a touchscreen is much handier when it comes to drawing on the screen.
It provides a genuine feeling and superior accuracy. And you can also use a stylus pen to draw. And on the other hand, you will have to use the trackpad for doing all those things which are not good.
Which processor is good for drawing laptops?
You can’t change the processor on your laptop. So it’s better to pick the laptop based on that while purchasing. Almost all artists usually use drawing software like Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. So try to get any Core i5 or i7 and 4000 series AMD processors. With this, you will get a swift and smooth working experience.
As we have mentioned above if you are a professional artist then you have to look for a lot of things before getting the best laptops for drawing art. For exceptional and swift experience, a powerful unification of processor, GPU, RAM, and storage is important.
If you overlook any of these, then you will not get the experience that you are craving. The list that we provided you includes some of the exclusive laptops you can think about if you don’t have any budget issues.
Not only this we added something for people who are on a low budget also. So go through the list and pick the one that suits your requirements.