Every professional photographer wants to have a machine that can edit images without any barricade. And most photographers spend most of their time outside capturing worthy clicks.
So portability is quite important. And when we talk about movability you don’t have a better option than getting a laptop.
Best Laptops for Photo Editing under $1000
As we have discussed above photographers prefer a laptop computer for photo editing because of its portability. It allows them to work anywhere with much ease.
They can easily take their laptop from one place to another in a couple of seconds. It’s strong enough for most of the user demands and comprises a good and sufficient battery life to leave the charger behind.
This way they can enjoy a solid 8-hour editing session at a café also. It’s quite handy when you show portfolios to your clients; as you can put the device in the car, and show the clients the photos, and if they want you can do some minor edits also.
If you have a laptop in the studio it’s easy for you to tether photos directly to your laptop. And you can check sharpness and picture quality in Lightroom when you are taking the shot. And you can start editing also at the same time.
So as a photographer if you have a solid laptop for photo editing you can save your time and enhance your work also. If you use it wisely then no need to reshoot countless times. And all of these things are not possible with a desktop computer.
So to help you in picking the best laptop we have made a list for you. We have included some solid laptops in our list and we focused highly on display.
As it is very important when you do photo editing. All the products mentioned below have good configurations and can help you with your work. Let’s look at the list that we have made for you.
SAMSUNG Galaxy Chromebook 13.3″ UHD AMOLED – HD Intel Core I-5 Processor (256GB Storage, 8GB RAM) – 2020 Model – US Warranty – Fiesta Red – XE930QCA-K01US
- Crystal clarity. Vivid color: Experience superior picture quality and fully expansive color, contrast, and depth with the 4K AMOLED touchscreen display to take your work and play to the next level.
- Split-second productivity: Boot up in as fast as 6 seconds and hit the ground running. Get ample storage with 256GB SSD and work, play and multitask seamlessly.
- Stroke of genius: Take notes, sketch ideas, and edit documents easily and accurately with the built-in pen that fits seamlessly into Galaxy Chromebook’s ultra-slim design.
- Speedy. Simple. Secure: Chrome OS is the speedy, simple, and secure operating system that powers Chromebooks. It is designed to feel intuitive and helpful every step of the way. It comes with Google Assistant which helps you multitask and control smart devices. Plus, with apps from the Google Play Store, you can get work done, watch your favorite shows or play your favorite games.
- A better way to Wi-Fi: Unlock network speeds up to 3×1 faster than previous generation Wi-Fi. Download music, movies, and more in seconds backed by Intel’s high-performance wireless hardware.
- More space for what matters. Get Google One with 200GB of cloud storage for 12 months when you purchase a new Samsung Chromebook. Enjoy plenty of space for all your files, photos, and more
Apple MacBook Air Laptop: Apple M1 Chip, 13” Retina Display, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD Storage, Backlit Keyboard, FaceTime HD Camera, Touch ID. Works with iPhone/iPad; Space Gray
- All-Day Battery Life – Go longer than ever with up to 18 hours of battery life.
- Powerful Performance – Take on everything from professional-quality editing to action-packed gaming with ease. The Apple M1 chip with an 8-core CPU delivers up to 3.5x faster performance than the previous generation while using way less power.
- Superfast Memory – 8GB of unified memory makes your entire system speedy and responsive. That way it can support tasks like memory-hogging multitab browsing and opening a huge graphic file quickly and easily.
- Stunning Display – With a 13.3” Retina display, images come alive with new levels of realism. The text is sharp and clear, and the colors are more vibrant.
- Why Mac – Easy to learn. Easy to set up. Astoundingly powerful. Intuitive. Packed with apps to use right out of the box. Mac is designed to let you work, play, and create like never before.
- Simply Compatible – All your existing apps work, including Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft 365, and Google Drive. Plus you can use your favorite iPhone and iPad apps directly on macOS. Altogether you’ll have access to the biggest collection of apps ever for Mac. All are available on the App Store.
Microsoft Surface Pro 8-13″ Touchscreen – Intel Evo Platform Core i5-8GB Memory – 256GB SSD – Device Only – Graphite (Latest Model)
- The power of a laptop with the flexibility of a tablet, and every angle in between, with a 13” touchscreen, iconic built-in Kickstand, and detachable Keyboard.*
- Windows 11 brings your closer to what you love. Family, friends, obsessions, music, creations — Windows 11 is the one place for it all. With a fresh new feel and tools that make it easier to be efficient, it has what you need for whatever’s next.
- The first Surface Pro was built on the Intel Evo platform. Do it all with the Intel Evo platform — performance, graphics, and battery life in a thin and light PC.
- The best pen experience on Pro with rechargeable Surface Slim Pen 2* and Surface Pro 8, for the natural feeling of pen on paper,(4) securely stored in Surface Pro Signature Keyboard.
Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming Laptop, 15.6″ FHD IPS Display, AMD Ryzen 5 4600H, Webcam, Backlit Keyboard, Wi-Fi 6, USB-C, HDMI, GeForce GTX 1650 Ti, Windows 10 Home, 8GB Memory, 256GB PCIe SSD + 1TB HDD
- AMD Ryzen 5 4600H (6C / 12T, 3.0 / 4.0GHz, 3MB L2 / 8MB L3) Processor, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti 4GB GDDR6 Graphics, Windows 10 Home 64 bit Operating System
- 1x 8GB SO-DIMM DDR4-3200 Memory, 256GB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe + 1TB HDD 7200rpm 2.5″ Storage
- 15.6″ FHD (1920×1080) IPS 250nits Anti-glare Display, 120Hz, 45% NTSC
- Backlit Keyboard, 100/1000M Ethernet, Wi-Fi 6 (11ax, 2×2) + BlueTooth5.0, 720p Camera, 2x Array Microphone, Integrated 60Wh Battery
- 4 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 (one Always On), 1 x USB 3.2 Type-C Gen 1 (with the function of DisplayPort 1.2), HDMI 2.0, headphone / microphone combo jack
2022 Newest HP Premium Envy Laptop, 13.3″ FHD IPS Display, 11th Gen Intel Core i5-1135G7 Quad-Core Processor, 8GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, Wi-Fi, Backlit Fingerprint, Webcam, Windows 10 Home, 32GB ES USB Card
- 【Display】 : Integrated Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 13.3 inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS 400 nits, 100% sRGB Display
- 【Processor】: 11th Gen Intel 4-Core i5-1135G7 (> i7-1065G7), Up to 4.2 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 8MB Smart Cache, 8 Threads
- 【Upgraded Memory&Hard Drive】: 8GB DDR4 SDRAM Memory to run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once smoothly, 1TB Solid State Drive which allows for fast bootup and data transfer
- 【Ports】: 1 x USB-C 40Gbps signaling rate, 2 x USB-A 5Gbps signaling rate, 1 x Headphone/Microphone Combo, 1 x SD Media Card Reader, Accessory Including a 32GB ES USB Card
- 【Premium Design】: Thin (12.05 x 8.35 x 0.58 inches) and light (2.88 lbs) to carry for students and businessmen, Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Backlit Keyboard Fingerprint Reader, 802.11AX (2 x 2) + Bluetooth 5.0, Audio by Bang & Olufsen with Dual Speakers, 720p HD Webcam with Camera Shutter and Integrated Dual Array Digital Microphones, Up to 13 Hours Battery Life,
Acer Spin 5 Convertible Laptop, 13.5″ 2K 2256 x 1504 IPS Touch, 10th Gen Intel Core i7-1065G7, 16GB LPDDR4X, 512GB NVMe SSD, Wi-Fi 6, Backlit KB, FPR, Rechargeable Active Stylus, SP513-54N-74V2
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7-1065G7 Processor (Up to 3. 9GHz) 16GB LPDDR4X Memory 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 13.5″ Acer VertiView 2K 2256 x 1504 Widescreen IPS LED-backlit Touch Display (3:2 aspect ratio) Intel Iris Plus Graphics
- Intel Wireless Wi-Fi 6 AX201 802. 11ax Backlit Keyboard fingerprint reader up to 15 hours battery life
- 2 – USB 3. 1 Type C port supporting USB 3. 1 Gen 2 (up to 10 Gbps), DisplayPort over USB-C, Thunderbolt 3, USB Charging, DC-in, 2 – USB 3. 2 Gen 1 port (one featuring power-off charging) & 1 – HDMI 2. 0 port
- Co-Engineered for Mobile Performance by Intel and Acer Rechargeable Acer Active Stylus with Wacom AES 1. 0
2022 Latest Dell Inspiron 14 5406 2 in 1 Laptop 14″ HD Touchscreen 11th Gen Intel Core i3-1115G4 Processor 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Webcam HDMI FP Reader Backlit Keyboard Windows 10 S Dune
- 14.0-inch HD (1366×768) LED-Backlit Touch Narrow Border Display; Intel UHD Graphics with the shared graphics memory
- Latest 11th Gen Intel Core i3-1115G4 Processor (3.0 GHz base frequency, up to 4.1 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 6 MB Intel Smart Cache, 4 Threads); Dark Grey Backlit Keyboard
- 【Upgraded】RAM is upgraded to 16GB high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once; Hard Drive is upgraded to 512GB SSD to allow faster bootup and data transfer. Original Seal is opened for upgrade ONLY. 1-Year Warranty on Upgraded RAM/SSD from LPT, and original 1-Year Manufacturer warranty on remaining components.
- 2 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A ports 1 x USB 3.2 Gen1 Type-C (DP/Data Transfer/PowerDelivery) port 1 x Power Jack 1 x Headset (headphone and microphone combo) port 1 x HDMI 1.4b port 1 x Power-adapter port 1 x SD-card slot
- Windows 10 Home (S model), 64-bit, English; 3-Cell, 40 WHr, Integrated battery; Optical Drive Not Included
Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 13.5” Touch-Screen – AMD Ryzen 5 Surface Edition – 8GB Memory – 256GB Solid State Drive (Latest Model) – Platinum
- Power to do what you want with up to 70% more speed and multitasking power than before and exclusive AMD Ryzen Microsoft Surface Edition processor.
- Thin, light, elegant design in a choice of two sizes: light, portable 13.5” or larger 15” that’s perfect for split-screen multitasking.
- Show your best side on video calls with sharp video and image quality, even in low light, thanks to a front-facing 720p HD camera.
- Enjoy theater-like sound for movies and shows with Omnisonic Speakers backed by immersive Dolby Atmos6.
- Be heard loud and clear on calls with dual far-field Studio Mics that capture your voice and reduce background noise.
- Free Upgrade to Windows 11 when available
Acer Swift X SFX14-41G-R0SG Creator Laptop | 14″ Full HD 100% sRGB | AMD Ryzen 5 5600U | NVIDIA RTX 3050 Laptop GPU | 8GB LPDDR4X | 512GB NVMe SSD | Wi-Fi 6 | Backlit Keyboard | Windows 10 Home
- Ultimate Performance. Uncompromised Battery Life: Speed up tasks with AMD Ryzen 5 5600U processor with Zen 3 Core Architecture, available for ultrathin laptops, so you can save time and get back to creating
- RTX, It’s On The latest NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Laptop GPU (4GB GDDR6 VRAM) is powered by award-winning Ampere architecture with new Ray Tracing Cores, Tensor Cores, and streaming multiprocessors supporting DirectX 12 Ultimate for incredible creativity
- A True Visual Representation: Create your best content on the 14″ Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS Widescreen LED-backlit 100% sRGB display with 300 nits brightness and 16:9 aspect ratio
- Internal Specifications: 8GB LPDDR4X memory (maximum 8GB); 512GB NVMe SSD; 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6 Dual-Band 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz featuring 2×2 MU-MIMO technology; Bluetooth 5.2
- Windows Hello with Fingerprint Reader: Biometric fingerprint reader and Windows Hello sign-in options help keep your Acer PC secure
- Made to Move: At just 3.06 lbs, this Acer Swift X laptop is ready to go where you go. The metal design is thin and lightweight but packs a whole lot of battery power with fast charging capability
- Hear It to Believe It: Stream music, play back videos, and hear it all with an optimized bass response and distortion prevention from DTS Audio in the dual front-facing speakers
Lenovo Flex 5 Laptop, 14.0″ FHD Touch Display, AMD Ryzen 5, 16GB RAM, 256GB Storage, AMD Radeon Graphics, Windows 11 Home
- Powered by an AMD Ryzen 5 5500U mobile processor with Radeon graphics, this portable notebook computer has 16GB DDR4 RAM and 256GB NVMe SSD Storage
- Reduce the clutter – The Flex 5 14 touchscreen laptop has a narrow bezel on 4 sides for more viewing area and less clutter on the IPS FHD (1920 x 1080) display
- Designed to keep your ideas flowing, anywhere, anytime with the ability to multi-mode, this Windows laptop has a 360⁰ hinge so you can use it in laptop mode for everyday computing, tent mode for sharing, stand mode for binge-watching your favorite streaming shows, or tablet mode for easy interaction
- A physical shutter on the webcam improves your privacy, allowing you to keep out unwanted attention
- Stay connected with integrated 2×2 WiFi 6 (802.11AX), Bluetooth 5, 2 USB-A ports, 1 USB-C with PD to support power charging, HDMI, a 4-in-1 card reader, and an audio jack
ASUS ZenBook 13 Ultra-Slim Laptop, 13.3” OLED FHD NanoEdge Bezel Display, Intel Core i7-1165G7, 8GB LPDDR4X RAM, 512GB SSD, NumberPad, Thunderbolt 4, Wi-Fi 6, Windows 10 Home, Pine Grey, UX325EA-ES71
- 13.3 inch OLED 400nits Full HD (1920 x 1080) Wide View 4-way NanoEdge bezel display
- Intel Core i7-1165G7 Processor 2.8 GHz (12M Cache, up to 4.7 GHz, 4 cores)
- Comes with Windows 10 Home and a FREE upgrade to Windows 11 (when available1)
- Fast storage and memory featuring 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD with 8GB LPDDR4X RAM
- Built-in IR camera for facial recognition sign-in with Windows Hello
Buying Guide – Things To Consider Before Buying the Best Laptops for Photo Editing under $1000
Before getting a photo editing laptop, try keeping these things in mind that are mentioned below: Color-Accurate Display: When it comes to photo editing, then color accuracy is the thing to focus on as it can influence your work remarkably.
So, before you get a photo editing laptop for under $1000, you should have a highly color-accurate display. And for measurement usually, sRGB coverage, DCI-P3, plays an important part in giving the basic idea of color accuracy. If you are into professional photo editing then you should go for at least 100% sRGB coverage display.
A Strong Processor:
The Control Processing Unit, mostly called a Processor or Chipset, is one more vital attribute, and this is crucial in any kind of laptop that you buy.
You should have at least an Intel Core i5 chip inside the computer as photo editing is a resourceful task. And the good thing is in a price range of $1000 you can get an i7 processor easily and that will be great.
Everybody knows the fact that most photo editing tools can run by using the integrated GPU with much ease.
So, it’s not that necessary to go for a dedicated GPU. But if you want to do some heavy work, you can certainly think about a dedicated GPU unit. But most of the time, it is not necessary.
Storage & RAM:
Random Access Memory (RAM) is a short-term memory, which usually supports the processing of the data.
So, you should have a reasonable amount of RAM. If you have around 8GB RAM that will be fine, but if you are buying for a longer period then you can go for 16GB RAM also. And as far as storage is concerned it’s up to you,
But if we talk about the standard then at least 256GB SSD should be there in your computer. If you have higher storage then you can store more data easily. So, it’s always better to decide how much data you want to store.
But don’t worry about this as we have included some options for you in our list that can give you more than 10 hours of battery.
Design & Portability:
The main reason to get a laptop is its portability. Or else, most people will build their desktop. And not only just portability most people look for the trendy look also. And it’s always good to have a sleek model as a photographer. There are many options for you to look for it’s up to you what kind of design you like the most.
Before you buy the best laptop for photo editing you should know where you are standing in your career and where are you heading. If you are doing photo editing just as a hobby, then you may not need a strong device that can manage huge files and multiple editing applications running at once.
But if you’re a professional photographer then you certainly need a strong laptop to brush up on the minutest details of what you shot on your professional DSLR, and it should be able to handle the programs and tasks easily.
So you should get a solid laptop having a strong processor, storage space, and screen resolution, and that too at an affordable price. All the options that we have provided you are good for people who are professional photo editors.
We have provided you with enough information about the best laptops for photo editing. And after reading all this stuff you must have a fair idea about which laptop match your needs.
The list that we have stated above includes the best possible combinations in each category. For example, if you are one of those who like MacBook, we have added that option also in this price range. It comes with an outstanding display and impeccable performance.
And if you want to have a windows ecosystem, then we have something in this category also. And the best thing about these laptops is they all have decent color accuracy and striking displays. Some of them comprise an impressive OLED panel along with a highly portable design.
These laptops are perfect when it comes to photo editing. All of them are good and as far as the best is concerned its meaning usually changes from person to person.
As we have discussed above if you are a professional then you need something that can take down heavy workloads also with much ease. And all of the stated laptops are capable of doing that.
So if you pick anything from the list that we have stated above then you will certainly get the best performance. And if you want to look for something other than this, then there are many other options also.