There are too many good laptops on the market, and every laptop is quite different from others and all of them have their pros and cons.
So you have to be quite sure about your requirements. Or else, you will not get a laptop that matches your needs. Particularly if you are into doing heavy tasks, it is always good to have a powerful laptop.
Otherwise, you will face issues like frame drops, blundering, and delays very often.
So if you want to do 3D modeling, game development, and other things you will need high-performance-based laptops.
- 1 Best Laptops for Solidworks
- 1.1 Top 10 Best Laptops to Use for Solidworks Projects
- 1.2 MSI GS75 Stealth Gaming Laptop: 17.3″ 240Hz Display, Intel Core i7-10875H, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060, 16GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD, Win10 Pro, Black (10SE-620)
- 1.3 Dell Precision 7750 Mobile Workstation – 17.3″ FHD AG Display – 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7-10850H Six-Core – 2TB SSD – 16GB RAM – Quadro RTX 3000 6GB – Win10 Pro
- 1.4 Lenovo ThinkPad P17 Mobile Workstation Laptop, 17.3″ FHD IPS Anti-Glare, Intel Core i7-10750H Processor, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, NVIDIA.A Quadro T2000, Fingerprint, Win 10 Pro, Basrdis Support
- 1.5 ASUS ROG Strix G17 Gaming Laptop, 17.3” 300Hz IPS Type FHD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX, 16GB DDR4, 1TB PCIe NVMe SSD, RGB Keyboard, Windows 10, G713QR-ES96
- 1.6 ASUS ProArt StudioBook Pro 15 Mobile Workstation Laptop, 15.6” UHD NanoEdge Bezel, Intel Core i7-9750H, 48GB DDR4, 2TB PCIe SSD, Nvidia Quadro RTX 5000, Windows 10 Pro, W500G5T-XS77, Star Grey
- 1.7 HP ZBook Studio G7 15.6″ Mobile Workstation – Full HD – 1920 x 1080 – Intel Core i7 (10th Gen) i7-10750H Hexa-core (6 Core) 2.60 GHz – 16 GB RAM – 512 GB SSD – Windows 10 Pro – in-Plane Switching
- 1.8 New Dell XPS 17 9700 17 inch UHD Plus Laptop, Intel i9-10885H 10th Gen, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6, Windows 10 Home, Silver
- 1.9 ASUS ZenBook 14 Ultra-Slim Laptop 14” Full HD NanoEdge Display, Intel Core i7-1165G7, 8GB RAM, 512GB PCIe SSD, NumberPad, Thunderbolt 4, Windows 10 Home, AI noise-cancellation, Pine Grey, UX425EA-EH71
- 1.10 Lenovo Legion 5 17.3″ FHD Gaming Laptop, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H(up to 4.2GHz), 32GB RAM 1TB NVMe SSD, GeForce GTX 1650, Windows 11
- 1.11 ASUS ZenBook Pro Duo 15 OLED UX582 Laptop, 15.6” OLED 4K UHD Touch Display, Intel Core i9-11900H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, GeForce RTX 3060, ScreenPad™ Plus, Windows 11 Pro, Celestial Blue, UX582HM-XH96T
- 1.12 Buying Guide – Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Laptops for Solidworks
- 1.13 How to select the Best Laptops for Solidworks?
- 1.14 Which part is most crucial when you have Solidworks?
- 1.15 How much RAM will be enough for Solidworks?
- 1.16 Is having a dedicated GPU necessary to run Solidworks?
- 1.17 How much RAM for Solidworks?
- 1.18 Related
Best Laptops for Solidworks
So let’s put some light on the laptops that are suitable for Solidworks. Finding an appropriate Best laptops for SolidWorks depends on the way you use your machine.
Like if you are a pro then you need something different compared to a beginner who has just started working on 2D modeling.
But a workstation computer is not that much important for a student or a 2D modeler, and a basic laptop with reasonable hardware would be enough.
If you are seriously into mechatronics then you certainly need a workstation, specifically for managing rendering and simulations along with 2D and 3D modeling.
Top 10 Best Laptops to Use for Solidworks Projects
Mentioned below are some of the strong Windows laptops that can be used for Solidworks.
When it comes to functioning there is no difference between gaming and workstation computing machines.
Gaming laptops can manage Solidwork tasks with much ease, but some particular developer drivers might not be there. But you can expect the same experience as good as a workstation. And when we look at gaming laptops they are a bit cheaper than workstation machines.
So, you can also get a gaming laptop for running the Solidwork software if you want to save some money.
MSI GS75 Stealth Gaming Laptop: 17.3″ 240Hz Display, Intel Core i7-10875H, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060, 16GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD, Win10 Pro, Black (10SE-620)
- Smooth Display: The 17.3” 240Hz display delivers a high refresh rate for smooth and vibrant gameplay so you don’t miss a frame of the game
- Powered Up: The 10th Gen. Intel Core i7 processor delivers solid high performance processing power to bring you an unparalleled gaming experience
- Supercharged Graphics: The RTX 2060 features ray tracing to deliver physically accurate shadows, reflections, and lighting for better visual gameplay
- Play Cool: Featuring CPU and GPU cooling technology to maximize airflow and thermals for smooth gaming and performance within a compact chassis
- Lightning Speeds: Sporting a Thunderbolt 3 port, get up to 40Gbps transfer speeds and up to 100 Watts power delivery for faster charging
Dell Precision 7750 Mobile Workstation – 17.3″ FHD AG Display – 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7-10850H Six-Core – 2TB SSD – 16GB RAM – Quadro RTX 3000 6GB – Win10 Pro
- Dell 17.3″ Mobile Precision 7750 Laptop – No Camera, Microphone Only
- Intel Core 10th Generation i7-10850H Processor (6 Core, Up to 5.10GHz, 12MB Cache, 45W)
- 17.3-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) Wide View Angle Anti-Glare 60Hz 220- nits 45% NTSC Non-Touch Display
- NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000 6GB GDDR6 – 2TB SSD – 16GB of DDR4 RAM
- Windows 10 pro – 3 YEARS ONSITE – Palmrest with SmartCard Reader
Lenovo ThinkPad P17 Mobile Workstation Laptop, 17.3″ FHD IPS Anti-Glare, Intel Core i7-10750H Processor, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, NVIDIA.A Quadro T2000, Fingerprint, Win 10 Pro, Basrdis Support
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10750H Processor (2.60 GHz, up to 5.00 GHz with Turbo Boost, 6 Cores, 12 Threads, 12 MB Cache)
- 17.3″ FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS, anti-glare, 300 nits Display
- NVIDIA.A Quadro T2000 4GB Graphics, IR & 720p HD Camera
- 16 GB DDR4 2933MHz RAM, 512 GB PCIe SSD , Win.dows 10 Pro 64
- Fingerprint Reader, Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 802.11AX (2 x 2) & Bluetooth 5.1, Backlit with Number Pad – US English, 1-Week Basrdis Support
ASUS ROG Strix G17 Gaming Laptop, 17.3” 300Hz IPS Type FHD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX, 16GB DDR4, 1TB PCIe NVMe SSD, RGB Keyboard, Windows 10, G713QR-ES96
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6 with ROG Boost
- Latest 5th Gen AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX Processor (16M Cache, up to 4.5 GHz)
- 300Hz 3ms 17.3” Full HD 1920×1080 IPS-Type Display
- 16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
- ROG Intelligent Cooling thermal system with Thermal Grizzly Liquid Metal Thermal Compound
- Comes with Windows 10 Home and a FREE upgrade to Windows 11 (when available1)
ASUS ProArt StudioBook Pro 15 Mobile Workstation Laptop, 15.6” UHD NanoEdge Bezel, Intel Core i7-9750H, 48GB DDR4, 2TB PCIe SSD, Nvidia Quadro RTX 5000, Windows 10 Pro, W500G5T-XS77, Star Grey
- 15.6” UHD (3840*2160) NanoEdge matte display; 100% Adobe RGB; Pantone validated color accuracy; Delta E <1.5
- Intel Core i7-9750H (12M Cache, up to 4.5GHz) with Windows 10 Professional
- NVIDIA Quadro RTX 5000 with 16GB GDDR6 VRAM – RTX Studio Ready
- Fast storage and memory featuring 1TB + 1TB (2TB total) PCIe NVMe SSD (RAID 0) HyperDrive and 48GB DDR4 Memory
- Extensive connectivity with HDMI 2.0, RJ45, USB-C Thunderbolt 3, USB 3.1 Gen 1
HP ZBook Studio G7 15.6″ Mobile Workstation – Full HD – 1920 x 1080 – Intel Core i7 (10th Gen) i7-10750H Hexa-core (6 Core) 2.60 GHz – 16 GB RAM – 512 GB SSD – Windows 10 Pro – in-Plane Switching
- Processor Manufacturer: Intel
- Processor Type: Core i7
- Processor Generation: 10th Gen
- Processor Model: i7-10750H
- Processor Core: Hexa-core (6 Core)
New Dell XPS 17 9700 17 inch UHD Plus Laptop, Intel i9-10885H 10th Gen, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6, Windows 10 Home, Silver
- Desktop-caliber creativity in a laptop: Packed with staggering performance typically only available from desktops, 10th Gen Intel Core processors bring desktop-caliber creativity to your laptop
- More creating, less waiting: GeForce RTX 2060 laptops are built with the breakthrough graphics performance of the award-winning GeForce GPUs. Dedicated GPU power accelerates the creative apps you use every day
- The XPS 17 delivers unprecedented performance in an incredibly thin form factor. discrete graphics feature unique dual opposite outlet fans, that increase fan airflow by approximately 30%
- Model number: XPS9700-9415SLV-PUS
ASUS ZenBook 14 Ultra-Slim Laptop 14” Full HD NanoEdge Display, Intel Core i7-1165G7, 8GB RAM, 512GB PCIe SSD, NumberPad, Thunderbolt 4, Windows 10 Home, AI noise-cancellation, Pine Grey, UX425EA-EH71
- 14 inch 400nits Full HD (1920×1080), Anti-Glare IPS level NanoEdge bezel display
- Latest 11th generation Intel Core i7-1165G7 Processor (12M Cache, up to 4.7 GHz, with IPU)
- Fast storage and memory featuring 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD with 8GB LPDDR4X RAM
- Built-in IR camera for facial recognition sign-in with Windows Hello
- ErgoLift hinge, NumberPad, and backlit keyboard
- Extensive connectivity with HDMI 2.0b, USB 3.2 Type-A, Thunderbolt 4 via USB Type-C, Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax), Bluetooth 5.0, and Micro SD card reader (*USB Transfer speed may vary. Learn more at ASUS website)
- Sleek and lightweight 2.58 lbs for comfortable portability
Lenovo Legion 5 17.3″ FHD Gaming Laptop, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H(up to 4.2GHz), 32GB RAM 1TB NVMe SSD, GeForce GTX 1650, Windows 11
- 【AMD Ryzen 5 5600H Processor】Hexa-core, 3.3GHz base clock, Up to 4.2GHz. 16MB. Fueled by the revolutionary AMD Ryzen 5000 H-Series mobile processor, this IdeaPad gaming laptop delivers the wins. With 6 ultra-responsive cores, it’s the new standard for gaming performance in innovative, thin, and light laptops.
- 【17.3” FHD IPS Display】17.3” Full HD (1920×1080) IPS Anti-glare Display; 802.11ax Wifi, Bluetooth 5.0; 72% NTSC color accuracy; 3D Dolby audio;
- 【NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650】Hit the sweet spot of ultimate GeForce gaming and impossibly sleek design with NVIDIA GTX graphics, designed to deliver the gaming performance you need in a thin, light form factor.
- 【Windows 11 home】With a fresh new feel and tools that make it easier to be efficient, it has what you need for whatever’s next.
- 【Upgraded to 32GB RAM & 1TB NVMe SSD】Substantial high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run your games and photo- and video-editing applications, as well as multiple programs and browser tabs all at once.
ASUS ZenBook Pro Duo 15 OLED UX582 Laptop, 15.6” OLED 4K UHD Touch Display, Intel Core i9-11900H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, GeForce RTX 3060, ScreenPad™ Plus, Windows 11 Pro, Celestial Blue, UX582HM-XH96T
- Complimentary 3-month Adobe Creative Cloud subscription with the purchase. Learn more on the ASUS website for more details
- ScreenPad Plus: 14-inch 4K matte touchscreen, giving your endless way to optimize your multitasking experience by extending the screen or splitting windows and apps on both displays
- 15.6 inch OLED FHD(1920×1080) NanoEdge touchscreen glossy main display
- 11th generation Intel Core i9-11900H Processor and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU with 6GB VRAM – NVIDIA Studio Ready
- Windows 11 Pro
- Backpack, Detachable palm rest, laptop stand, and ASUS active stylus pen included
- Fast storage and memory featuring 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD with 32GB DDR4 RAM
Buying Guide – Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Laptops for Solidworks
How to select the Best Laptops for Solidworks?
Now let’s look at some of the crucial elements that you need to consider before getting the best laptop for Solidworks.
Processor & GPU For Solidworks:
Everybody knows how important a processor is to run a computer. You can say it’s compulsory to have a strong processor to run your computer smoothly. And particularly as we are talking about Solidworks, you need a strong processor.
So go for a laptop comprising at least 9th Gen Intel processors or the latest AMD 5000 series. So you can get power performance out of your laptop.
Graphics Card For Solidworks:
Graphics cards also are very vital and play an important part in specific Solidworks tasks. A strong processor is required to be joined with a powerful GPU to make use of its full potential.
Or else your laptop will not perform as you expect it to. So it’s always better to have a dedicated GPU on your laptop.
If you are not into graphics-intensive work, an integrated GPU or Nvidia “MX” series should be enough to handle 2D work. Or else you can go for Nvidia’s new RTX 30 series RTX 3050, RTX 3060, RTX 3070; or RTX 3080 which offers the best performance.
RAM and Storage For Solidworks:
These two are quite important when you work on Solidworks. Particularly while preparing 3D projects that require ample memory. So better to have at least 8GB RAM as it is mandatory.
But, having 16GB RAM is much better for handling professional projects 3D rendering, and other heavy workload. And SSD is also very vital as you will see more improved performance. And try to get a laptop with at least 512GB of storage.
Normally HDDs are much cheaper and offer more storage space, but better if you don’t go there – the slow speeds will eat up all of your valuable time. SSDs can easily load and save your assemblies a lot swifter. If you compare an SSD laptop with HDD for work then you better go for a laptop with SSD as they are much swifter.
Display For Solidworks:
The display is not that important element for Solidworks. But having a good display will always help as it enhances the experience when you spend most of the time staring at the screen. So, if possible get a good color-calibrated display to reduce eye strain.
Battery Life For Solidworks:
If you are thinking to use SolidWorks on the go, far from a power outlet, then the battery life is more crucial. SolidWorks is a very demanding piece of software, and it will certainly eat up your battery very fast while your laptop isn’t plugged in. So go for a battery life of at least 5 hours or more without comprising other hardware like CPU, RAM, and GPU.
One more aspect that is often overlooked is the weight and movability of your laptop. If you are a frequent traveler and want to carry your laptop with you while you travel, then your laptop should not be heavy and must be portable to save space in your baggage.
Keep two things in mind before you get any product check the weight and make sure it matches your needs. Not only are these there are also some features you should consider like the number of USB ports, the fans, and their cooling power.
These factors look small but if you look at the whole picture these attributes might influence your workflow. So these were some of the factors that you should consider before you get the best laptop for SolidWorks.
Which part is most crucial when you have Solidworks?
Solidworks is software particularly built for engineering projects. Usually, people use this to do 3D modeling and other things, and all of these works mostly bank on the processor.
So you can say that the processor is the most important element for Solidworks. So when you are working on solid work try to get a laptop that comprises a strong processor to get the best experience.
How much RAM will be enough for Solidworks?
Almost all the latest laptops today are having at least 8GB RAM, which is quite sufficient to do all the basic things on Solidworks. But if you are into doing some heavy rendering projects, then you better go for 16GB RAM or even more.
Is having a dedicated GPU necessary to run Solidworks?
Usually, the Solidworks software mainly banks on the power of the processor as far as the basic work is concerned. And it’s up to you also as it depends on your usage. It’s much easy for you to do most of your work on an integrated GPU-based laptop. But when it comes to exclusive tasks like photorealistic rendering and 3D modeling you better have a strong GPU.
How much RAM for Solidworks?
The amount of RAM needed for Solidworks will depend on the specific project you are working on. However, a good rule of thumb is to have at least 8GB of RAM for Solidworks.
As we have discussed all The Best Laptops for Solidworks that the market is full of various laptops and you can pick any to use for Solidworks. But if you go for Solidworks-certified laptops then you can expect the best performance.
In this category, you can look for the HP ZBook Studio G7 which is a certified CAD laptop by Solidworks, and Lenovo ThinkPad P17 comprising a bigger display also in the same category.
And if you are into some kind of heavy work then you can get the Asus ProArt StudiBook Pro 15 as it can manage a heavy workload with much ease.
And if you want you can also use gaming laptops for Solidworks but might not be appropriate as workstation laptops. And when we talk about gaming laptops they are also good for the best performance and display.
If you look at the list that we have mentioned above it has some good laptops at an affordable price with a powerful processors and GPU.
We are sure that if you pick any product from the above list you will get the best performance. So, go through all the details that we have provided you and then pick the one that suits your requirements.