At this age we can’t imagine our life without Laptops as they play a crucial part in our lives, most people usually spend a lot of time in front of their computer every day.
And mostly these activities are related to their professional work, but there is always an opportunity to use these devices for entertainment purposes.
And when it comes to entertainment, obviously watching movies is the first thing that comes to our mind.
As we are looking for the best laptop at hand on the market for watching movies, you can go easy on this as you don’t need the most exclusive and high-end technology.
Almost all the mid-range laptops are fit to allow you to watch your favorite movies, but if you want to have an outstanding viewing experience then certainly you can invest in a more expensive laptop. Finally the laptop you select will be according to your personal preferences.
Today most people spend a lot of their time on their laptops. And all the manufacturers are aware of this fact and churning out some modern laptops comprising advanced elements.
So we have assembled some of these best options for you to make your selection process easy.
So if you are looking for the best laptops for watching movies then just go through this list. You can pick any of these mentioned laptops according to your requirements.
Not just watching movies you can also watch online content and can do a lot more things with these laptops. So let’s look at the best laptops for watching movies.
- 1 Razer Blade 15 Advanced Gaming Laptop 2021: Intel Core i7-11800H 8-Core, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, 15.6” QHD 165Hz, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD – CNC Aluminum – Chroma RGB – THX Spatial Audio – Thunderbolt 3
- 2 ASUS ZenBook Flip S 13 Ultra-Slim Laptop, 13.3” 4K UHD OLED Touch Display, Intel Core i7-1165G7 CPU, Intel Iris Xe, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Thunderbolt 4, TPM, Windows 10 Pro, Jade Black, UX371EA-XH77T
- 3 Apple MacBook Air 13.3″ with Retina Display, M1 Chip with 8-Core CPU and 7-Core GPU, 16GB Memory, 512GB SSD, Space Gray, Late 2020
- 4 ASUS ROG Strix G17 (2021) Gaming Laptop, 17.3” 300Hz IPS Type FHD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX, 16GB DDR4, 1TB PCIe NVMe SSD, RGB Keyboard, Windows 10, G713QR-ES96
- 5 Microsoft Surface Pro 8-13″ Touchscreen – Intel® Evo Platform Core™ i5-8GB Memory – 128GB SSD
- 6 LG Gram 16Z90P Laptop 16″ Ultra-Lightweight, (2560 x 1600), Intel Evo 11th gen CORE i7, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Windows 11 Home, 22 Hour Battery, Alexa Built-in, 2X USB-C, HDMI, USB-A – Black
- 7 Acer Swift 3 Thin & Light Laptop | 14″ Full HD IPS 100% sRGB Display | AMD Ryzen 7 5700U Octa-Core Processor | 8GB LPDDR4X | 512GB NVMe SSD | WiFi 6 | Backlit KB | FPR | Amazon Alexa | SF314-43-R2YY
- 8 ASUS ZenBook 14 Ultra-Slim Laptop 14” Full HD NanoEdge Display, Intel Core i7-1165G7, 8GB RAM, 512GB PCIe SSD, NumberPad, Thunderbolt 4, Windows 10 Home, AI noise-cancellation, Pine Grey, UX425EA-EH71
- 9 Dell XPS 13 9310 Touchscreen 13.4-inch FHD Thin and Light Laptop – Intel Core i7-1185G7, 16GB LPDDR4x RAM, 512GB SSD, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, Windows 10 Pro – Silver (Renewed)
- 10 Acer Spin 5 Convertible Laptop, 13.5″ 2K 2256 x 1504 IPS Touch, 10th Gen Intel Core i7-1065G7, 16GB LPDDR4X, 512GB NVMe SSD, Wi-Fi 6, Backlit KB, FPR, Rechargeable Active Stylus, SP513-54N-74V2
- 11 Buying Guide: Below are Some of The Points You Should Consider Before Buying The Best Laptop To Watch Movies and other Entertainment Stuff!
- 12 Are Gaming Laptops Good for Watching Movies?
- 13 Related
Razer Blade 15 Advanced Gaming Laptop 2021: Intel Core i7-11800H 8-Core, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, 15.6” QHD 165Hz, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD – CNC Aluminum – Chroma RGB – THX Spatial Audio – Thunderbolt 3
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series Graphics for Stunning Visuals: Built on NVIDIA’s award-winning 2nd-gen RTX architecture, these GPUs provide the most realistic ray-traced graphics and cutting-edge AI features for the most powerful graphics in a gaming laptop.
- Intel 11th Gen 8-Core CPU for All-out Gaming Performance: Run the heaviest AAA titles and creation tasks without breaking a sweat, and activate Intel Turbo Boost Technology for a jolt of speed that brings the i7 processor up to 5.1GHz.
- Next-gen Displays to Meet Your Needs: Go with ultra-fast 360Hz FHD for competitive gaming, OLED UHD for creative work with 4K clarity, or a 165z QHD display for the best of both worlds.
- Vapor Chamber Cooling for Maximized Thermal Performance: The laptop quietly and efficiently dissipates heat through the evaporation and condensation of internal fluid, keeping it running smoothly and coolly even under intense loads.
- Advanced Connectivity for Greater Convenience: With a built-in WiFi-6 and a UHS-III SD card slot, you can cut down on adapters and travel light.
- Windows 11 Compatible: Includes Windows 10 Home with a free upgrade to Windows 11 when available through Windows Update – experience the best Windows ever for gaming with superior graphics and faster load times
ASUS ZenBook Flip S 13 Ultra-Slim Laptop, 13.3” 4K UHD OLED Touch Display, Intel Core i7-1165G7 CPU, Intel Iris Xe, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Thunderbolt 4, TPM, Windows 10 Pro, Jade Black, UX371EA-XH77T
- 13.3” OLED 4K UHD Touch Screen 400 nits HDR display with ultra-slim 4-sided NanoEdge bezels
- Luxurious Jade Black finish enhanced with subtle Red Copper diamond-cut edges
- 360° ErgoLift hinge with backlit keyboard
- Latest 11th generation Intel Core i7-1165G7 Quad Core Processor (12M Cache, up to 4.70 GHz, with IPU)
- Fast storage and memory featuring 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD and 16GB LPDDR4X RAM, with Windows 10 Professional
Apple MacBook Air 13.3″ with Retina Display, M1 Chip with 8-Core CPU and 7-Core GPU, 16GB Memory, 512GB SSD, Space Gray, Late 2020
- Apple CTO (Configure To Order) – Upgraded from Stock
- Apple M1 chip with 8-core CPU, 7-core GPU
- 16GB unified memory
- 512GB SSD storage
- Retina display with True Tone
ASUS ROG Strix G17 (2021) Gaming Laptop, 17.3” 300Hz IPS Type FHD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX, 16GB DDR4, 1TB PCIe NVMe SSD, RGB Keyboard, Windows 10, G713QR-ES96
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6 with ROG Boost
- Latest 5th Gen AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX Processor (16M Cache, up to 4.5 GHz)
- 300Hz 3ms 17.3” Full HD 1920×1080 IPS-Type Display
- 16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
- ROG Intelligent Cooling thermal system with Thermal Grizzly Liquid Metal Thermal Compound
- Comes with Windows 10 Home and a FREE upgrade to Windows 11 (when available1)
Microsoft Surface Pro 8-13″ Touchscreen – Intel® Evo Platform Core™ i5-8GB Memory – 128GB SSD
- The power of a laptop with the flexibility of a tablet, and every angle in between, with a 13” touchscreen, iconic built-in Kickstand, and detachable Keyboard.*
- Windows 11 brings your closer to what you love. Family, friends, obsessions, music, creations — Windows 11 is the one place for it all. With a fresh new feel and tools that make it easier to be efficient, it has what you need for whatever’s next.
- The first Surface Pro was built on the Intel Evo platform. Do it all with the Intel Evo platform — performance, graphics, and battery life in a thin and light PC.
- The best pen experience on Pro with rechargeable Surface Slim Pen 2* and Surface Pro 8, for the natural feeling of pen on paper,(4) securely stored in Surface Pro Signature Keyboard.*
- Type in comfort. Sleek and compact, Surface Signature Keyboard* performs like a traditional laptop keyboard complete with a full function row and backlit keys.
- Comes with Windows 11
LG Gram 16Z90P Laptop 16″ Ultra-Lightweight, (2560 x 1600), Intel Evo 11th gen CORE i7, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Windows 11 Home, 22 Hour Battery, Alexa Built-in, 2X USB-C, HDMI, USB-A – Black
- 16″ WQXGA (2560×1600) IPS LCD, with DCI-P3 99% color expression
- Intel Evo Platform Powered by 11th generation Intel core i7-1165G7 Processor with Intel Xe Graphics delivers performance for high-resolution content creation and editing
- 16GB LPDDR4X 4266mhz RAM delivers a high level of performance for memory-intensive content creation, designing, editing, and multitasking
- Improve productivity with 256GB PCIe M.2 NVMe SSD for dependable storage accessible in a flash
- Connect with Confidence: Two USB-C ports with Thunderbolt 4 support, two USB-A 3.2 ports, a full-size HDMI port, a microSD card reader, and a 3.5mm audio jack
Acer Swift 3 Thin & Light Laptop | 14″ Full HD IPS 100% sRGB Display | AMD Ryzen 7 5700U Octa-Core Processor | 8GB LPDDR4X | 512GB NVMe SSD | WiFi 6 | Backlit KB | FPR | Amazon Alexa | SF314-43-R2YY
- Powerful Productivity: AMD Ryzen 7 5700U Octa-Core Processor with Radeon Graphics run your most demanding apps with lightning-fast responsiveness and hyper-efficient battery usage to keep you productive and entertained all-day
- Very Visual: Immerse yourself in consistently rich and bright visuals on the 14″ Full HD widescreen LED-backlit 100% sRGB display with 85.73% screen-to-body, 16:9 aspect ratio, and narrow bezels
- Internal Specifications: 8GB LPDDR4X on-board memory; 512GB NVMe solid-state drive storage to store your files and media
- Windows Hello with Fingerprint Reader: Biometric fingerprint reader and Windows Hello sign-in options help keep your Acer PC secure
- Connections: 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6 Dual-Band 2.4GHz and 5GHz featuring MU-MIMO technology; Bluetooth 5.2
- Acer’s Purified. Voice technology, features enhanced digital signal processing to cancel out background noise, and improve speech accuracy and far-field pickup, which not only makes calls clearer but makes talking to Alexa easier than before.
- Using Alexa on your PC is as easy as asking a question. Just ask and Alexa can check your calendar, create lists, play music, answer questions, read the news, and more.
ASUS ZenBook 14 Ultra-Slim Laptop 14” Full HD NanoEdge Display, Intel Core i7-1165G7, 8GB RAM, 512GB PCIe SSD, NumberPad, Thunderbolt 4, Windows 10 Home, AI noise-cancellation, Pine Grey, UX425EA-EH71
- 14 inch 400nits Full HD (1920×1080), Anti-Glare IPS level NanoEdge bezel display
- Latest 11th generation Intel Core i7-1165G7 Processor (12M Cache, up to 4.7 GHz, with IPU)
- Fast storage and memory featuring 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD with 8GB LPDDR4X RAM
- Built-in IR camera for facial recognition sign-in with Windows Hello
- ErgoLift hinge, NumberPad, and backlit keyboard
- Extensive connectivity with HDMI 2.0b, USB 3.2 Type-A, Thunderbolt 4 via USB Type-C, Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax), Bluetooth 5.0, and Micro SD card reader (*USB Transfer speed may vary.
- Sleek and lightweight 2.58 lbs for comfortable portability
Dell XPS 13 9310 Touchscreen 13.4-inch FHD Thin and Light Laptop – Intel Core i7-1185G7, 16GB LPDDR4x RAM, 512GB SSD, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, Windows 10 Pro – Silver (Renewed)
- 13.4-inch FHD+ (Full HD 1920 x 1200) InfinityEdge Touch Anti-Reflective 500-Nit Display
- 11th Generation Intel Core i7-1185G7 Processor (12MB Cache, up to 4.8 GHz)
- 16GB 4267MHz LPDDR4x , 512 GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD
- Intel Iris Xe Graphics with the shared graphics memory
- Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 (2 x 2) + Bluetooth 5.1
- Including 2 Year On-Site and 6 months Dell Migrate easily moves your files and settings from your old PC to your new Dell
Acer Spin 5 Convertible Laptop, 13.5″ 2K 2256 x 1504 IPS Touch, 10th Gen Intel Core i7-1065G7, 16GB LPDDR4X, 512GB NVMe SSD, Wi-Fi 6, Backlit KB, FPR, Rechargeable Active Stylus, SP513-54N-74V2
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7-1065G7 Processor (Up to 3. 9GHz) 16GB LPDDR4X Memory 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 13.5″ Acer VertiView 2K 2256 x 1504 Widescreen IPS LED-backlit Touch Display (3:2 aspect ratio) Intel Iris Plus Graphics
- Intel Wireless Wi-Fi 6 AX201 802. 11ax Backlit Keyboard fingerprint reader up to 15 hours battery life
- 2 – USB 3. 1 Type C port supporting USB 3. 1 Gen 2 (up to 10 Gbps), DisplayPort over USB-C, Thunderbolt 3, USB Charging, DC-in, 2 – USB 3. 2 Gen 1 port (one featuring power-off charging) & 1 – HDMI 2. 0 port
- Co-Engineered for Mobile Performance by Intel and Acer Rechargeable Acer Active Stylus with Wacom AES 1. 0
Buying Guide: Below are Some of The Points You Should Consider Before Buying The Best Laptop To Watch Movies and other Entertainment Stuff!
You can say that a processor is the key element of any computer machine. So, it is crucial and necessary also to get a good processor to get flawless performance.
Processor & GPU:
But when we talk about watching a movie it’s not a CPU-intensive task, but having a solid processor is always good to run your laptop without any delays.
There is no standard set for processors specifically for streaming online content or playing downloaded stuff. But it’s better to go with the 10th generation Intel processor or above.
But as we are focusing on getting a laptop for watching movies, an integrated GPU will be sufficient. So, you don’t think about GPU unless you have some other needs.
This one is the most crucial aspect to look for as we will see the output through display only. Many factors can enhance or fragment the display quality, like resolution, color calibration, angles that you view from, and some others.
To get a better experience go for the display with at least Full HD resolution and good viewing angles. And if you are one of those who spend lots of time in front of a laptop then go for the color calibration. And the display size will be according to your preference.
The options that you have in laptops are 12-inch, 13-inch, 14-inch, 15-inch, 16-inch, and 17-inch. You can pick any size according to your convenience.
Storage & RAM:
The RAM is interim memory that supports processing data by correlating with the processor. So, it’s good to have a reasonable amount of RAM for appropriate functioning.
So having 8GB RAM is enough for regular tasks, but try to go for at least 16GB RAM if you buy a laptop for 2-3 years. And when you have enough storage it helps you in storing data for good.
For common use, 256GB of storage is enough. As far as storage is concerned you pick as per your requirement, and always prefer a faster SSD to evade possible tailback in performance.
Battery life is one more vital element that you should think about before getting a laptop for watching movies.
You should know for what purpose you are getting a laptop. If you are clear about this then it will be easy for you to pick the best. And when we talk about getting a laptop for watching movies you need to consider the suitable specifications before deciding on one.
There is one more important thing to consider that can influence your decision on how you are going to watch the movies streaming or downloading, as different laptop elements can help with this.
Are Gaming Laptops Good for Watching Movies?
It all depends on the way you use your laptop. If you are using a laptop for regular work, then a gaming laptop is probably a bit lavish. Because these laptops comprise some of the best features that are built for intensive use, and for this reason, they are a bit expensive also.
If you just want to watch movies on your laptop then you can easily find all of the features that you need in a much cheaper laptop.
But if you are interested in using your laptop for watching movies and doing other high-demanding tasks in your routine, then you can certainly go for a gaming laptop. All of its better specs will help you in running demanding software with much ease.
Hope after reading all this stuff, you may have already made up your mind. As we are talking about Best Laptops For Watching Movies this is considered a casual workload, and most laptops are fit enough to handle this including the cheaper ones.
But as we are focusing on the best laptop for watching movies, some factors can easily influence your decision, like display quality, battery life, processing power, etc.
As we have discussed above we don’t have to get a strong laptop for just watching movies, but if you want to buy a device for multitasking then you can go for an expensive one.
So, if you look at the list that we have stated above it includes laptops for different people. There are some laptops in the list that can be a perfect pick for watching movies as they comprise excellent display quality, decent audio output, and great performance.
And if you are one of those who want to watch the 4K content then we have something for that also.
The list that we have stated above has something for everyone. We have included some laptops with bigger screens also, and that can be the perfect pick for you. We are sure if you pick anything from the list you will get the best performance.
The laptops, we included in our list comprise best-in-class hardware and a bigger display combination. But first, you need to know your requirements and pick any of these mentioned laptops.
We have provided you with enough information so that you can make a wise decision. Go through all the details that we have provided you and pick the one that suits your requirements.