Almost all gamers want to keep their gaming tools clean. And the mouse is also one of them. But many people usually don’t know how to clean a gaming mouse.
If you are also looking for tips on how to clean a gaming mouse you are at the right place we will help you. It’s impossible to have a smooth gaming session with a dirty mouse.
Sometimes having an exclusive gaming mouse also didn’t help much and it didn’t work as well as it should, which means it’s time for you to give it a thorough cleaning.
Gaming mouse are usually designed to be durable and have the quickest response times. But that doesn’t mean that you can eat also while you play.
Try to clear out the dust, dirt, and grime inside your mouse as it’s crucial to keep your mouse running smoothly.
There is a number of different methods you can use to clean a gaming mouse, some methods are more effective than others.
The tips we will give you may work, but you can’t expect to remove everything as you can’t see what’s happening inside the mouse from the outside. Let’s look at some of the ways to deep clean a gaming mouse.
Many People Usually Think That is it Good If you Clean your Gaming Mouse.
Should you clean your gaming mouse? This is the question that many people usually have in their mind and the answer is quite simple: only if it’s dirty.
If you are not into serious gaming and just play computer games for an hour or so every night, then you good no need to clean your mouse.
But if you spend hours clicking away every day, then you can definitely think about it. Some serious gamers take their cleaning regimens to the extreme and use special tools, such as ultrasonic cleaning machines, to sanitize their mice.
But can we do it also? Is it fine to use those tools what do we really need to worry about when we think about keeping our mouse clean? And what to do with our dirty mice after we clean them.
What Can I Clean My Mouse with?
When it comes to cleaning your mouse you can do it with just about anything. You can take things like soap, alcohol, disinfecting wipes, or a little vinegar.
But make sure you do it very carefully many times it happens that people will spill something down onto their mouse and it will be hard to repair it.
Be careful and try not to get any liquid in the moving parts of your mouse as it can damage your exclusive mouse.
Getting a new mouse is a serious expense if you are a frequent gamer since they can get quite costly but it depends on what kind of gamer you are, but there are also many methods to keep your older mouse running well.
The best way to do is to clean it regularly, especially if you don’t want to spend much money on a new one. If you maintain your old gaming mouse well then you can save some money also.
How Do You Disassemble a Mouse To Clean it?
1) Once you pop out the four rubber feet and take off stickers or labels around the edge of the mouse. You will see the four screws that hold the top cover on.
2) When you remove the screws and pull off the top cover, you will see the cable on the bottom of the mouse.
3) This is what you can remove without taking apart the main body of the mouse. If you want to detach something else then things will break.
How to Clean a Gaming Mouse:
Mouse cleaning is definitely not an easy task; you should do it very carefully. Let’s put some light on how to clean a gaming mouse thoroughly with the use of rubbing alcohol.
Isopropyl rubbing alcohol is regarded as the best to clean the equipment as it evaporates very fast and leaves no residue on your equipment.
1. Take out the screws from the bottom of your mouse and open it. Take your time and do it don’t lose any of the screws or washers. In case you lose something then you will find replacement hardware at most computer stores.
2. Dip a paper towel in alcohol and wipe the ball after taking it out. You can also bring out the red piece that grips the ball in place and clean it off that too.
Usually, this is the place where your mouse gathers a lot of dirt since that’s where the ball rolls around when you use your mouse. Focus more on this area as any dirt can influence the movement of the mouse while in use.
3. Take your mouse out of its case and put it on the side. In case you have a mouse pad.
4. You can also get an 81/2 by 11 sheet of paper on your mouse pad or any piece of paper you have, pour a few drops of rubbing alcohol on it.
5. Then, place your mouse ball back into its place and start rolling it on the paper towel with the alcohol until all the mouse ball becomes dirt free. Be careful and don’t spill alcohol onto anything else on your computer.
6. Once you are done cleaning your mouse ball, take some rubbing alcohol and clean off the inside of your mouse. It’s better to get a damp rag for this as the inside of your computer is probably having more dirt from being used so much over time.
The inside of your computer usually is quite accessible, but some computers are not so easy to open up as others, so don’t bother if you can’t get it open right away.
If it’s really giving you a tough time in the opening, you can always use a screwdriver to loosen screws while you’re pulling at it with your hands.
7. After you finish cleaning all the muck from inside your computer, take care of the excess alcohol and wipe with a paper towel and let everything dry for about 15 minutes and then you can put everything back together again.
Once you feel that everything is nice and clean and working perfectly again, it’s time to put your computer back together and start gaming.
We hope that the tips that we have given above will help you learn how to clean a gaming mouse and get it working like new.
As we have mentioned above a gaming mouse is very crucial when it comes to having a perfect gaming session.
So if you keep your gaming mouse clean you will definitely enjoy your gaming session. And after reading all the stuff above you know how to do it.
1 thought on “How To Clean a Gaming Mouse”